Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review - The Prophet by Ethan Cross



Book summary from authors website

OLD ENEMIES

Francis Ackerman Jr. is one of America’s most prolific serial killers. Having kept a low profile for the past year, he is ready to return to work – and he’s more brutal, cunning, and dangerous than ever.

NEW THREATS

Scarred from their past battles, Special Agent Marcus Williams cannot shake Ackerman from his mind. But now fully integrated into The Shepherd Organization, an underground law enforcement agency, Marcus has to focus on catching the Anarchist, a new killer who drugs and kidnaps women before burning them alive.

HIDDEN TERRORS

Marcus knows the Anarchist will strike again soon. And Ackerman is still free. But worse than this is a mysterious figure, unknown to the authorities, who controls the actions of the Anarchist and many like him. He is the Prophet – and his plans are more terrible than even his own disciples can imagine.


My Review - 4 1/2

Ethan Cross has made a name in the crime genre, I think he will be known as the likes, Thomas Harris and Jeffrey Deaver.  He knows how to write an edge of your seat thriller.  This series will get your heart pumping with exciting rage.

I really enjoyed the debut The Shepherd and novella The Cage.  This also lived up to expectations.  I was wow'd in December and kind of wished I had just read this right away.

Marcus is the main character, an unorthodox detective that has a mysterious connection to Ackerman, the serial killer from Shepherd.  I enjoyed how this tension was used in the book and when Ethan Cross reveal's it towards the end they slam you with another, enough to keep you excited for the next.  I am sure there will be another..........

There was lots going on in this installment, action packed thrills, mystery and suspense.  A new serial killer on the loose with a connection to a cult, where the leader was known as The Prophet.  Marcus was running against the clock to save many but had the continuous distraction of Ackerman calling him, trying to manipulate the investigation and continue his torture games.

Ackerman is the craziest, cruelest killer I have ever read about so to mix it up with sadistic cult killers also, terrorizing to say the least. 

If you want a taste to see if you will enjoy it, go for The Cage, the thriller novella, a perfect taste of madness.

I highly recommend this series.

Quotes

A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.  19% on Kindle

Marcus wondered how someone that could appear so normal to the outside world could actually be so utterly insane.  85% on Kindle

That kind of joy and contentment was so elusive and rare.  He had been born without a soul.  But soon he would steal a piece of hers.  He would feel what she felt.  He would taste her happiness and make it his own.  11% on Kindle


Here is my review of The Shepherd - 4 1/2
 

7 comments:

  1. I'm adding both of this authors books to my TBR list because you know I'm always looking for a good thriller! If this one is an edge of your seat read, then I'll definitely take your recommendation and pick it up! I can't wait to give this author a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The torture games are "Silence of the Lambs'" worthy, just a note ;-)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the Shepherd when I got an ARC - I need to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't need to read the first one first do I? This looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the 1st one a touch more Stacy. I would recommend it as the connection is explained in book 2.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.