Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Top Reads of 2014




2014 has been a hard year emotionally and looking back, not much change from 2013.  I have got to look within and figure it out.

I initially wasn't going to do a Top Ten but when I looked, I haven't read many books and felt like I didn't complete many either BUT the ones I did, I loved or really enjoyed so of course I want to share with you.  The blogging community is all about us sharing our love of books so I don't want to forget that.


Novel Adult - never did figure out this new genre - Psychological Thriller fans that do not mind a few good detailed sex scenes. Warning - there is an incest rape scene, please proceed with caution when reading this amazing book.

My Review 



Adult Fiction - The best laugh out loud book I have read in years. Review 5 star




Thriller - completely edge of your seat, intense thriller. Review 5 star




Thriller - action packed race to the end thriller.  Review 4 1/2 




Thriller - unputdownable, great intensity thriller.  Review 5 star




Women's Fiction - Heather is a go to author for me. Emotional with a genuine embrace.  My Review 5 star




Suspense - Strong women, Charlie's Angels meets Scandal, Summary, didn't review 4 1/2 star




Women's Fiction - great friendship story, loved it.  Review 4 1/2 star




Mystery - great book to keep you reading into the night.  Review 4 1/2




Adult Fiction - Very intriguing multiple points of view perfectly done. Review 4 1/2





I wish all of you a happy, fun filled, healthy, successful 2015.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Kathy, I can't figure out why my comment won't post on your blog. ???? I also loved This is Where I Leave You, I want to watch the movie.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you've had a tough year - I really enjoyed Little Mercies too, a book that hammers home how one mistake can alter your life - a sobering book. Happy New Year and I hope you find some great books to read in 2015.

    http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Cleo, loved your list. Great to find another mystery lover, I added 3 to my Wishlist.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of those yet, but a bunch of them are on my TBR list!

    Happy 2015... hoping it's a better year for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Steph, I wonder how 2015 will be for you reading as a new mom :-)

      Delete
  4. Sorry you've had a tough year...mine was a bit grim too and the looking within continues. I like the look of your list...keep meaning to read Where'd You Go Bernadette 'cos everyone says it is great...but it seems odd to read a book with one's own name in the title. Perhaps I'll get an eBook version so it won't be so obvious :)

    Hope 2015 is a better year for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for another rough year :( Glad though that you have quite a few good reads! I'd only tried Bernadette but it was DNF for me, I guess I just wasn't in the right mood for it... will have to check out the rest! Sorry I haven't visited for so long... as you could tell I'd neglected my own blog too... will try to do better this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many authors on this list that I have been wanting to try!!! I loved Into the Darkest Corner as well. In fact her newest book is on my most anticipated reads for 2015...I cannot wait for it to come out! I hope that you have an amazing year of reading this coming year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.