Monday, December 30, 2013

My Favourite Top Ten Books of 2013




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.

This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!
 
 
This has been a rough year for me and I didn't meet my goal of 50 books, lousy number of 30 actually but all these deserve mention.
 
 

Adult Fiction
My Review 4 1/2 - This is one of the most emotional heart wrenching dark family horror stories I have ever read but with an alluring character.......  Very memorable
 
 
 
Legal Thriller
My Review 4 1/2 - You will lose sleep with this page turner, amazing corrupt characters.
 
 
 
 
Psychological Thriller
My Review 5 - This is one of the best unreliable character driven books I have read. 
 

 
 
Novel
My Review 4 1/2 - The book had me engaged and very intrigued with the imaginary friend world but once the crime took place the book took on a suspenseful adventure which of course I love.
 

 
 
Adult Fiction (not erotica)
My Review 5 - I loved reading about adults who find themselves, you are always growing and the unorthodox romance set this apart from the romance books you expect.
 

 
 
Thriller
My Review 4 1/2 - Ackerman is the craziest, cruelest killer I have ever read about so to mix it up with sadistic cult killers also, terrorizing to say the least.
 

 
 
 
Erotica - Club Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair
I didn't review but read two this year.
The 1st three all receive 4 1/2 stars, love this series.  I don't usually review erotica but I highly recommend.
 
 
 
Thriller
My Review - 4 1/2 - A dark, sexy, edgy, suspense thriller. 
 
 
 
 
 
Motivational Book
My Review - 5 A motivational book, packs a lot in a little book, so happy I read and will go back to.  Great quotes in my review.
 
 
 
 
Novel - Favourite book club read
My Review 4 - One of the best book club reads ever, great debate.  Up there with We Need to talk about Kevin kind of debate.
 
 
 
 
I didn't notice a lot of crossover of favourites this year with bloggers.  Maybe Rainbow Rowell as an author.  What do you think?
 
 
 
I look forward to networking and seeing your top reads for the year and adding to my 2014 Wishlist.
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR
 
 
 

25 comments:

  1. I'm posting my list tonight, but I agree there has been little turnover. Well I have Eleanor and Park on lots of lists. I haven't read any of these :( But I have Corrupt Practices so I'll be adding that to my 2014 stack. Here's the great reading next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see yours Stacy, there is always a few that get me excited. You must read Corrupt Practices, sooo good.

      Delete
    2. Stacy I think you'd like Corrupt Practices - I read it based on Marce's rec :)

      Delete
  2. I've only read one of those books but I have a few of the others on my wish list because of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, the 2 I will choose for you are Human Bobby and Imaginary Friend.

      Delete
  3. Quality over quantity! :) It's great that you have a few favorites! 30 is still a respectable number. I have read 3 of them, and yes I still like Human Bobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Christa :-) I am still shocked with the unreliable character of Human Bobby, brilliant. To bad such a bad title and cover, sigh.

      Delete
  4. your description of Start Over is very intriguing! I think the lack of crossovers is due to the amount of YA bloggers (like me, ha) read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely due to the excessive amount of YA - I have noticed Rainbow Rowell everywhere, I did enjoy Attachments last year.

      Delete
  5. I don't know any of these but am definitely looking these up. Creep looks like a good read. :)
    Happy reading and Happy New Year!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these yet but I will have to check out the Chris Bohjalian book. I've read two of his books so far (The Buffalo Soldier was a book group pick and I read The Light in the Ruins on my own) and liked them both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, I may read The Light in the Ruins now. Such a great debate book, just wow and a little uncomfortable.

      Delete
  7. Corrupt Practices looks right up my alley. I love the diversity of this list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading Creep right no and I'm enjoying it. I might have to look more into the books on your list. I have cravings for creepy thrillers at times. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe I haven't read a single one of these! As much as I love seeing familiar titles on lists, it's great to find a bunch of new books to make my TBR list even longer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read maybe 30 books this year as well. The last 6 mos I have read only 6 and they were book club reads. I haven't found a book that holds my attention right now. It happens to me sometimes, my brain just won't focus :) I really liked Creep, gotta check out a couple on your list!

    Happy New Year to you :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't ready any of these!! I've heard a lot about Matthew Dicks though. Maybe I'll start with this one. And 30 books in a year is nothing to be ashamed of!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I nice selection there, I think I'll be checking out one or two of them, thanks :)

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe that I haven't read any of the books on your best of list! I do have Creep on my own shelves though so I think that I could start with that one in 2014. It sounds like you still had a really solid year of reading even if you didn't read as many books as you wanted to. I hope that 2014 is an amazing year for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great list I have Creep on my TBR which needs to move up the list as it looks like it will be a great read. Here's hoping you have a great reading year in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting list, many authors I am not familiar with. You like books that seem to be on the edgy, tense side. I would not worry about number of books in a year. My numbers have varied a lot from year to year. If you have a 6 year old, that takes up a lot of time and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice list. I think I really need to read a motivational book too. At least one this year.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always list some amazing new authors for me. And yes, Rainbow Rowell is a must to try! Love her. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.