Thursday, January 19, 2017

ARC Review - The Night Bird by Brian Freeman



Publication Date is coming soon - February 1, 2017

Book Summary from Amazon

Homicide detective Frost Easton doesn’t like coincidences. When a series of bizarre deaths rock San Francisco—as seemingly random women suffer violent psychotic breaks—Frost looks for a connection that leads him to psychiatrist Francesca Stein. Frankie’s controversial therapy helps people erase their most terrifying memories…and all the victims were her patients.
As Frost and Frankie carry out their own investigations, the case becomes increasingly personal—and dangerous. Long-submerged secrets surface as someone called the Night Bird taunts the pair with cryptic messages pertaining to the deaths. Soon Frankie is forced to confront strange gaps in her own memory, and Frost faces a killer who knows the detective’s worst fears.
As the body count rises and the Night Bird circles ever closer, a dedicated cop and a brilliant doctor race to solve the puzzle before a cunning killer claims another victim.

My Review - 4

The Goodreads group, A Good Thriller, highly recommended him.  I read The Spitting Devil, a short story to see how I liked the writing and loved it but still didn't pick up one of his books.  Then Amazon Prime offered me The Night Bird, I will definitely look out for more by Brian Freeman now.

This is a great mystery to see if you can figure it out.  Overall I enjoyed the characters but I have to say I agree with this Psychiatrist needing her own therapist, wow.  His friend smiled.  "You know what they say about psychiatrists, Frost.  They only go into the business to find someone crazier than they are."  Kindle 57%

Frankie started to receive cryptic messages - Remember Me and all from thenightbird@gmx.com.   She is used to receiving threats or similar messages and thinks nothing of it but soon realizes that it is threats and very personal.  Frankie helped patients forget memories and create new ones.  Unfortunately not everyone wants to forget or allow anyone to get away with creating fatal memories.

I really enjoyed how they pin pointed the killer and then it was a race to find him before more patients of Frankie or Frankie were killed.  Detective Frost was on the first scene were he met Lucy who was a witness to her friend having a psychotic break.  During the investigation Lucy decides to try to become a pawn but before Frost can talk her out of it the Night Bird captures her.

This book will take you on a roller coaster and you will think different people are the killer or involved in some way which was well executed.  I would love to know if people guess correctly.

I didn't love Frankie's character and I feel she took the patient confidentiality a few steps to far, putting herself directly into danger but in the end I felt due to her own memories maybe she wanted to be in danger.

Thank you to Amazon Prime for a great featured book to read prior to release date.


What Brian Freeman book would you recommend?


10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book I would have loved 15 years ago. I kind of burned myself out on this type though. I do like the psychology aspect this one has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, I am starting to realize little changes in my choices also. The psychological thrillers are still my favourite.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, it sounds like the tension really builds in that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one offered and thought about getting it. Have not though so far. I'm intrigued by the memory storyline. Have not read any of this author as yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! I just grabbed it off of Amazon, too. Brian Freeman is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new to me author, but I do like the sound of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning how are you?

    My name is Emilio, I am a Spanish boy and I live in a town near to Madrid. I am a very interested person in knowing things so different as the culture, the way of life of the inhabitants of our planet, the fauna, the flora, and the landscapes of all the countries of the world etc. in summary, I am a person that enjoys traveling, learning and respecting people's diversity from all over the world.

    I would love to travel and meet in person all the aspects above mentioned, but unfortunately as this is very expensive and my purchasing power is quite small, so I devised a way to travel with the imagination in every corner of our planet. A few years ago I started a collection of used stamps because trough them, you can see pictures about fauna, flora, monuments, landscapes etc. from all the countries. As every day is more and more difficult to get stamps, some years ago I started a new collection in order to get traditional letters addressed to me in which my goal was to get at least 1 letter from each country in the world. This modest goal is feasible to reach in the most part of countries, but unfortunately it’s impossible to achieve in other various territories for several reasons, either because they are countries at war, either because they are countries with extreme poverty or because for whatever reason the postal system is not functioning properly.

    For all this I would ask you one small favor:
    Would you be so kind as to send me a letter by traditional mail from Bermuda? I understand perfectly that you think that your blog is not the appropriate place to ask this, and even, is very probably that you ignore my letter, but I would call your attention to the difficulty involved in getting a letter from that country, and also I don’t know anyone neither where to write in Bermuda in order to increase my collection. a letter for me is like a little souvenir, like if I have had visited that territory with my imagination and at same time, the arrival of the letters from a country is a sign of peace and normality and an original way to promote a country in the world. My postal address is the following one:

    Emilio Fernandez Esteban
    Calle Valencia, 39
    28903 Getafe (Madrid)
    Spain

    If you wish, you can visit my blog www.cartasenmibuzon.blogspot.com where you can see the pictures of all the letters that I have received from whole World.

    Finally I would like to thank the attention given to this letter, and whether you can help me or not, I send my best wishes for peace, health and happiness for you, your family and all your dear beings.

    Yours Sincerely

    Emilio Fernandez

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried my author myself but I want to just based off of that cover alone! I love it and the sound of this book thanks to your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342        

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.