Monday, May 2, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following to participate:
 
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
Share the title &; author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 
 
 
 
 
The Lock Artist is the 2011 Edgar Award winner for Best Novel. 
 
 
Teaser from 6% on Kindle
 
The sick feeling I had been living with...the living, breathing fear I had been feeling, every second of every day... it was all gone.  Every bit of it.  At least temporarily.  For those next few minutes, when I did what I did next.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Book Summary
 
Michael is no ordinary young man.  Mute since a childhood tragedy, at age eighteen he discovers that he possesses a skill he would never have expected.  Whether it’s a locked door without a key, a padlock with no combination, or even an eight-hundred pound safe . . . he can open them all.
blank
It’s a talent that will make Michael a hot commodity with the wrong people, and whether he likes it or not, push him closer to a life of crime.  Until one day, when he finally sees his chance to escape, and decides to risk everything to return home to the only person he ever loved, and to unlock the secret that has kept him silent for so long.
 
 
I look forward to your teaser choice.  Have a great week.
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. So what did he do next? I really want to know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I borrowed this book from the library a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to read it yet and have to return it on 5/9. So debating whether to read it or not. Haven't heard of it before and I pretty much randomly came across it in the library. Is it worth reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good one to add to my list.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fascinating idea....thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite an intriguing teaser! I'll have to add that one to my list also. Nice to see you back on Teaser Tuesday Marce!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an interesting book. I must say I never heard of it before, so I think I will wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am intrigued by this winner of the 2011 Edgar Awards. I had pegged another book, the Queen of Patpong by Timothy Hallinan, to be the winner and now must see if this book is better!
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suspenseful teaser!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder what happened to take the fear away--and if it's really over or this is the calm before the storm.

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser. I have this one on my tbr pile - it looks really good.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting. I hadn't heard of this one before. And that is an excellent teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds very interesting, would love to know what you think of it when your done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds interesting. Excellent teaser!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.