Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review - Children of the Fog by Cheryl Kaye Tardif



Book Summary

A supernatural suspense that will leave you breathless and nervously checking your doors and windows. Sadie O'Connell is given a horrifying choice--she can let a kidnapper take her child, or watch her son die. Which would you choose?

My Review - 4

A fast paced great suspenseful ghost story with an unreliable narrator.  Sadie was a recovering alcoholic, clean for 7 years but when her son is taken from her and her marriage is finally broken she starts drinking again.  Can you imagine fighting for your child and being threatened by the kidnapper and only give in so you can save his life?

Sadie's son is mute from a tragic incident, I had figured out part of the tragedy but when it was revealed, wow, just wow.  Once your child has been kidnapped nothing can be worst.

Sadie was a mystery writer but I understood how she couldn't use those skills to try to find her son, she was broken.  It all became about fate.  All readers will not be able to embrace the supernatural and fate dynamics but I enjoyed them, definitely took the unreliable voice to another level.  Is she drunk, dead already, crazy or slightly tipsy sane?

The characters were good but I did feel like the book could have been longer, the side stories more drawn out as they were interesting, like the husbands work crime with the undercover agent.

Sadie was a great mother and I enjoyed the motherly instincts even though with the alcohol made her seem a little crazy.  Mysterious fate brought it all together, very rewarding sad ending.


Children of the Fog is a free ebook for Prime members.

I recommend to those that enjoyed:

The Lovely Bones
Primal

6 comments:

  1. Oh, yikes! I'm in the middle of two books that have really hard child related themes like this one right now. Maybe I will wait a little while before I start my copy. It does sound really good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to look for this one. It sounds so different from what I've been reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love an unreliable narrator so I definitely want to check this one out! It sounds like a great read and I'm definitely adding it to the TBR list. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds really good! The cover and title of the book is very creepy, but I'm glad it isn't. The main character sounds very interesting. I might have to look this one up.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your review, Marce. Thank you so much. And how cool is it that you live in Bermuda??? I lived there for 3 years when I was a teen. Went to BHS! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.