Thursday, December 22, 2016

Review - The Mistletoe Secret by Richard Paul Evans




Book Summary

The master of the holiday novel presents the moving story of two people who brave loneliness and loss to find love.

Dear Universe,
Is anyone out there?


Thinking no one is reading, a blogger who calls herself LBH writes about her most personal feelings, especially her overwhelming loneliness. She goes from day to day showing a brave face to the world while inside she longs to know how it would feel if one person cared about her.

Alex Bartlett cares. He’s reading her posts in Daytona Beach, Florida. Nursing his own broken heart and trust issues, he finds himself falling for this sensitive, vulnerable woman whose feelings mirror his own. Following a trail of clues LBH has inadvertently revealed, he discovers that she lives in the small town of Midway, Utah. He makes his way there just after Thanksgiving, determined to find LBH. Maybe she’s a Lisa, Lori, or a Luanne. Instead, he finds a woman named Aria, a waitress at the Mistletoe Diner, who encourages Alex in his search while serving his pie along with some much-needed sympathy and companionship.

Alex finally finds his LBH, a woman who is as beautiful and kind as he imagined she would be. How can he tell her that he knows her secret? What’s holding him back? Could it be his feelings for Aria?



My Review - 5 stars

I bought this as part of my book club's gift this year and read on Kindle in case they talk about it.  This is my first book by Richard Paul Evans and I really enjoyed it.  Once I got into the story I couldn't stop, I stayed up late last night finishing it with a smile.

Holiday stories are predictable, there is some sadness but they always end in happiness.  This to me is an expectation.  I really liked how the author tried to put a wrench in the story-line, having you second guess your thoughts and then it all turns out for the best, I enjoyed this spin.

Alex is out with his friends and they tell him to stop moping, why don't he go online and meet someone, join a dating site.  As Alex decides why not, he come across a blog 'Is Anyone Out There' that captures his interest.  A lady only known as LBH writes a honest blog about being lonely and it touches Alex.  Instead of going on dates from the site he decides to try and find LBH.

What if the world's best-kept secret was that the whole world was lonely?  Kindle 44%

I enjoyed the style of sharing the blog posts and could see how Alex was touched by the writing.  Off he goes and ends up with a list of 18 names with the initials LBH in Midway, Utah.  He comes across some interesting people during his search.  A really lovely book with sweet characters.  Some fell the ultimate romance story and others were very weary about a stranger looking for a woman without knowing her name, a little creepy.  This all made it real and a sweet story to read.

Along his search he meets a beautiful waitress Aria.  Does Aria keep him away from truly continuing his search?  Does he find possible love with LBH or Aria?  The new LBH stands for Loved By Him.   A beautiful holiday story and I look forward to reading more by Richard Paul Evans.

It is the end of the story but I loved this quote and want to share.

We fear jumping because we fear falling.  We fear being broken.  But still, jump we must, because it's only in jumping that we'll ever find someone to catch us. 






8 comments:

  1. Wow, you've made me want to read this now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed. Happy Holidays Kathy

      Delete
  2. I'm not a Richard Paul Evans fan but you've made me want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm have you tried non holiday reads or you wasn't a fan of that either. I really enjoyed this one.

      Delete
  3. Have a great break Marce and this sounds like the perfect book to finish on. I love the premise, especially as it features a blogger and that final quote is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cleo, I'm looking forward to the break. Happy Holidays. Isn't that a sweet quote.

      Delete
  4. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342        

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.