Friday, February 17, 2017

Have you read The Girl with all the Gifts?




I never read a review on this one, I thought it was YA which I usually do not read.  I saw the cover on Netflix and said I think that is a book, let me have a look.  WOW, this looks intense, I am going to read next.

Talk about do not judge a book by its cover.



Have you read it, what did you think?






Book Summary

Melanie is a very special girl. Dr Caldwell calls her "our little genius."

Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class. When they come for her, Sergeant keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite, but they don't laugh.

The Girl With All the Gifts is a groundbreaking thriller, emotionally charged and gripping from beginning to end.



11 comments:

  1. I loved this book. I'm excited there's a movie! Definitely can't judge a book by its cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it. I'm not sure I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that is some opener. I've not heard of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I haven't read it. Yes, I've heard of it and read some reviews, but I can't recall who wrote them. Seems like it was well liked by many. Read it and let us know, Marce. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! Try to go into it blind! This is a book best discovered what it's about while reading it. :) I can't wait to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it. That's about all I want to say.... It's different -- in a good way. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this book and I'm curious how the movie will portray it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read it, and whilst I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, I'm keen to see how it translates to screen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is an amazing book! Try to avoid as many spoilers as you can. Going into it without any clue makes the story that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this one Marce - it does sound intense and just the kind of thing I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.