Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Review - Exposed by Kimberly Marcus



Book Summary

Sixteen-year-old Liz is Photogirl—sharp, focused and confident in what she sees through her camera lens. Confident that she and Kate will be best friends forever.

But everything changes in one blurry night. Suddenly, Kate is avoiding her, and people are looking the other way when she passes in the halls. As the aftershocks from a startling accusation rip through Liz's world, everything she thought she knew about photography, family, friendship and herself shifts out of focus. What happens when the picture you see no longer makes sense? What do you do when you may lose everything you love most?

Exposed is Kimberly Marcus's gut-wrenching, riveting debut

My Review - 4 1/2 Great to the last drop

Some of you may remember, Verse Novels are my simple pleasure.  After what I just read I needed something to be able to continue reading and rejuvenate me.  (Yes it was that bad, so hard to review, I will get to it)

I really loved the fact that Kimberly M. got it right with young adults.  The parental guidance, relationship with parents, school life, best friends and emotions during preparation time for college.  This was a YA book that made me remember and appreciate that time in my life.

During this time in Liz's life one thing goes wrong and life just no longer feels and looks the same and can she go on?  Dealing with the what, when and if scenarios.  The consequences of what you say.  I think most females have a friend that they can say anything too and then out of blue its like you said the worst thing and you continue thinking, should I have said that or not.  I enjoyed this feeling getting captured.

This was a great Verse Novel, I like the in your face emotion with minimum words, very effective.  I look forward to more from KimberlyM.


A glimpse into the Verse Novel world with Kimberly Marcus ........

Jack Daniels in Brewster

The first sip sears
the lining of my throat.

I swallow hard
because I need to feel
something.

I swallow more
because I need to feel
nothing.


All Eyes on Me

It's odd to be called as a "witness"
when I didn't witness
a damn thing.






8 comments:

  1. This sounds fantastic! I like novels told in verse. I'll have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried listening to a verse novel and it didn't work for me. Maybe I should try reading a print version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is making it's way to the top of my pile. Sounds great. Thanks for the thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I have never read a verse novel before, but have come across a couple on Amazon that sounded awesome. I wasn't sure how I would like that type, though, so have never tried one. This sounds sooo great! I may have to break down and dive in! Thanks, Marce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sound like a good read. Interesting being outcast in society

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of a verse novel before. This sounds very interesting. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.