Thursday, July 18, 2013

ARC Review - The Stranger You Know by Andrea Kane



Release date - September 24, 2013 - received from Netgalley


College-age girls with long red hair. Brutally murdered, they're posed like victims in a film noir. Each crime scene is eerily similar to the twisted fantasy of a serial offender now serving thirty years to life— a criminal brought to justice with the help of Forensic Instincts.

Call. Kill. Repeat. But the similarities are more than one psychopath's desire to outdo another. As more red-headed victims are added to the body count, it becomes clear that each one has been chosen because of a unique connection to Casey— a connection that grows closer and closer to her.

Now the Forensic Instincts team must race to uncover the identity of a serial killer before his ever-tightening circle of death closes in on Casey as the ultimate target.


As the stalker methodically moves in on his prey, his actions make one thing clear: he knows everything about Casey. And Casey realizes that this psychopathic won't stop until he makes sure she's dead.



My Review - 4

The Forensic Instincts team is by far my favourite detective group, yes they are unorthodox and sometimes use research tactics and get their answers illegally BUT to save lives, that is ok, right.......  They consists of a behaviorist, a techno-wizard, an intuitive and a former navy SEAL. If you watch the TV show Scandal, you will love these books.

Andrea Kane is one of my favourite suspense writers, I enjoy the characters and even if I guess some of the case there are always critical points I miss and are completely a surprise when revealed.

I enjoy this series because you can pick up any book and read as a stand alone but for the fans the building of relationships within the team and FBI connects and takes it to the next level, you become attached to the characters. 

Andrea Kane takes you on a thrill ride during the investigation, you will be on the edge of your seat as the team have to keep up or more lives will be lost.  This time the FI team know the killer's ultimate plan is Casey, their leader, and they are doing everything it takes to find him but the killer is always a step ahead of them and starts taunting Casey with telephone calls.  Is it a copy cat killer or is the killer being directed from an ex murderer that is locked up?

I did think for a moment, why this, did Andrea Kane make a mistake, hmmm, keep reading.  I got caught up in the story and forgot about my glimmer thought which in the end was the answer.  I love that, like a true crime story, that thought in the back of your head may actually break the case.

I do think the end was a little to clean.  Also, I can't believe her team would fall right into the killers plan but it just shows when tragedy happens all thoughts can be compromised when to close.

Another great story, I am loving being caught up with all of her new books and slowly catching up on her older.  I recommend you try her.


My Reviews from the other Forensic Instincts books - both 4 1/2

I highly recommend

The Girl Who Disappeared Twice
The Line Between Here and Gone

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great series to pick up. I've never read Andrea Kane before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a good one and series !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books that include forensics! It does seem they break the rules a lot in books, though - I hope they don't in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good Marce. I'm reading an excellent ARC right now, The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood. It comes out on the 30th. Love when an ARC is so darn good! It makes me happy to leave a great review and get others pumped about a book :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well a new series to get started on. I had heard of all these books, but didn't know they were in a series. I love forensics-based stories. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marce, or anyone, is there an order to this series? Which book is the first for this forensic team? I got The Girl Who Disappeared Twice on my kindle, but don't know if I need to read another before that one and then your book after. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only read one book by this author and not from this series. But I highly enjoyed it and have been meaning to get back to her. So many books .... {sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not going to read this review yet as I am on her tour on 10/30 - so I am finally reading this author as I know you've recommended her before! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.