Sunday, July 28, 2013

Until You're Mine by Samantha Hayes



Book Summary

Published in UK on June 20, 2013- available on NetGalley

You have something that someone else wants.

 At any cost …

Claudia seems to have the perfect life.
She’s heavily pregnant with a much-wanted baby, she has a loving husband, and a beautiful home.
And then Zoe steps into her life. Zoe has come to help Claudia when her baby arrives.
But there’s something about Zoe that Claudia doesn’t like. Or trust.
And when she finds Zoe in her bedroom, Claudia’s anxiety turns to real fear …

My Review - 3 1/2

Some may remember the fascinating movie, The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, well Until You're Mine had the same suspenseful creepy feel, a great Psychological Thriller, I really enjoyed that.  There were numerous background stories also which kept you slightly in mysterious mode trying to piece it all together and they tie in nicely.

Someone is attacking pregnant women almost due in order to take their babies, brutal emotional murders.  Note - if you have a history of failed pregnancies or wanting children but unable to have them, I would probably choose not to read this.  I love that Samantha put the killer right in your face, this style made for a surprised ending.  Unfortunately I didn't like the character so much by the end I didn't care about the surprise but very well crafted.

There were so undertones that you picked up on.  This is the emotional adult style of Jodi Picoult and Kristin Hannah she similar has that I enjoy. There was family drama, balance of working mom career mom and detective work.  Also if you enjoyed Before I go to Sleep by S J Watson, you will enjoy this one.

The characters were quite disturbing in this book which made it an edge of your seat read.

Samantha Hayes has a way with pulling at your heart and feeling sorry for characters, she does good with building on their personalities and really setting the scenes. 

Until You're Mine is her 5th book.

Tell-Tale - My favourite of hers, 5 star
Someone Else's Son - 3 1/2

4 comments:

  1. Oh no way could I have read something like that when I was pregnant.

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a tension filled page turner like that! It sounds like I need to check this author out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great read, but I have trouble reading stuff like that now that I have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't read it while pregnant but since my kids are older, this still sounds very interesting. I'll have to keep my eye out for this author!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.