Saturday, March 3, 2018

Review - Pop Goes The Weasel by MJ Arlidge





Book Published - October 2015

Book Summary

A man’s body is found in an empty house.
A gruesome memento of his murder is sent to his wife and children.

He is the first victim, and Detective Helen Grace knows he will not be the last. But why would a happily married man be this far from home in the dead of night?

The media call it Jack the Ripper in reverse: a serial killer preying on family men who lead hidden double lives.

Helen can sense the fury behind the murders. But what she cannot possibly predict is how volatile this killer is—or what is waiting for her at the end of the chase....



My Review - 3 1/2

I really loved book one, Eeny Meeny and thought I would have read this one sooner but I was a little disappointed.  I may be tired of the prostitute getting revenge story but it seemed like it took forever to invest the reader.  The first book was edge of your seat worthy and this one I had to force myself to read until it got exciting near the end.

Another issue I had was some of the revelations are not powerful, I didn't figure it out which was good but it came so late and with an emotional shocking fact.  The book was almost over by then.  Readers need more then just murders, this lacked excitement.  I couldn't wait to understand why the female was killing men and when it was revealed, oh my goodness, I felt like crying, traumatic experience.

I like Detective Helen Grace but she ends up with the short end of the stick again with awful bosses who do not respect her intelligence and style.  Book two went into other relationships that make Helen who she is and the spin was that the a journalist found out everything she worked hard to keep secret and continued to blackmail her.  Many would enjoy this story line but the journalist annoyed me so this didn't work well.  You should read this series in order, the author is taking her time with developing Helen and slowly giving us more.

I think the average person trust detectives and their specialty but they are real people that sometimes gets distracted and when it comes together, the reader could be disappointed in the overall investigation. There was a lot of consequences of emotions from book one.

I did have issues, not writing execution issues just not great detective work to be honest.  Almost towards the end it became exciting, heartbreaking, almost edge of seat worthy which is why it almost got a 4 star rating.  Book one was so great I feel I need to give the series another chance. 






9 comments:

  1. Well at least it has an exciting ending. Sorry it was slower. These types of books should NOT be slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I had the exact same experience! I LOVED Eeny Meeny ... and then was let down by this one :( I'm hoping the third book brings back what drew me into the first book so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...well, I can see how it would disappointing. I guess we all know that not every book in a series we love is stellar, but I also think we'd hope that #2 would measure up. I would likely give it another try as well. Maybe #3 will suit you better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could not put book down. This is the 2nd installment of the Helen Grace series and each one has been fast paced and well worth sitting down with.

    Zia
    I found the best Asbestos Lawyers Orange

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking to read books that are in a series and this series will NOT disappoint! The characters are well developed and the plot is EXCELLENT. Do yourself a favor and check out M.J. Arlidge.

    Riyanna
    Something about Injectors Ford

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342        

    ReplyDelete
  8. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete
  9. Imagine becoming vastly wealthy overnight. Being a winner of a multi-million dollar lottery certainly will be a life-changing event for almost every single lottery winner. My name is Mavis Wanczyck from Chicopee, Massachusetts, the famous PowerBall lottery winner of $758 million (£591m) in 2017. I know many people would wonder how I had won the lottery. Would you believe me if i told you that i did it with spell casting? I met this famous spell caster known as Doctor Odunga and he was the one who did it for me. As shocking as it was to me my famous comment to the press was “ I’m going to go and hide in my bed.” Never did I believe that Doctor Odunga actually made me wealthy overnight. If you want to have your chance of winning and becoming very wealthy just like me, contact Doctor Odunga at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP HIM at +2348167159012 and you will be lucky. Thanks for Reading and hope to see you at the top

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.