Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - My First Stephen King


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

So Stephen King is my brothers favourite author, I asked him to recommend my first SK read and this is it, I think he is not trying to frighten me. I should be able to start on Thursday i'm still slowly making it through The Pact, Jodi Picoult.
Summary
Trisha McFarland's parents are newly divorced, and in an effort to keep the family together, her mother and brother and herself take a walk in the woods, on a portion of the Appalachian Trail near their home (near the Maine/New Hampshire/Canada border). At one point, they come to a fork in the road, and Trisha, needing to pee, goes down one path to take care of business. The mother and brother go down the other path. When she is through, she decides to cut through the woods rather than retrace her steps, after all who could get lost here?

My Teaser.....
pg. 82
-might as well knock on wood, toss salt back over your shoulder, or make the sign of the cross before you stepped into the batter's box, as Nomar Garciaparra always did. There were no cameras here, no instant replays, no cheering fans.
Please leave a comment and come over to participate here.

22 comments:

  1. Oh my oldest loved this book. Great teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/12/pearl-girls-teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a Stephen King fan (his short stories were enough to creep me out), but hope you enjoy experiencing a new author. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I hope you're enjoying your first Stephen King. Sometimes I love him, but sometimes I feel it's just too much (or not enough, even). I haven't read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read one Stephen King novel before. I am not quite sure if I am ready to read anohter just yet.

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I run hot and cold with King too but one thing is for sure - he can scare you! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to read Stephen King books all of the time but haven't read any of his work lately at all. I thought I might like to read his newest though. Mine are posted here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i need to read this one. it's been in my tbr forever!


    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this book yet! Sure sounds interesting though. I may have to pick it up.. Really need to read more of his novels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, Stephen King rules because he mentions Nomar. :) Good teaser! Made me smile. Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read a King novel since The Stand. I want to read his latest because he made it sound interesting in an interview.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not lovin the teaser, or the summary. Not really necessary....

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any Stephen King for a long time. I do have one on my TBR stack, though, "Lisey's Story."

    This one sounds good!

    My teaser is here:

    http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2009/12/teasing-our-way-into-this-new-week-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have read only a couple of Stephen King's in my day. I really liked "Bag of Bones", and the short story book "The Bachman Books".

    Great teaser!
    Here's mine in case you are interested:
    www.bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I listened to the audio version of this one many many years ago. Good teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder if I've ever read a King book. Not sure. Might have to check this one out, though.

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  16. Actually I LOVE Stephen King.

    Just wanted more.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite S.K. is The Dark Half.

    Awesome!

    But also check out his writings as Richard Bachman. THE LONG WALK is an amazing short-story.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's been too long since I read Stephen King.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh, nice quote. I haven't read much Stephen King (agree, scary!), but it looks good. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stephen King is amazing. :) My favorite is the Shining. I've read The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon, but didn't think it was strange enough. If I'm reading Stephen King, it's for the shock/horror/creepy factor. But it was still great. :)
    Nice teaser! Good book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ow this book is your 1st Stephen King's!! well so far (coz as you know, I am curretly reading it too tho this is not my 1st Stephen King ;) ) this book is unlike most SK's books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.