Sunday, September 23, 2012

Movie Review - Hunger Games






My Book Review - 3 1/2 (I wasn't a fan but understood the hype, dystopian isn't for me)

My Movie Review - 5

I thought Hunger Games was fantastic.  The main issue I had with the book Hunger Games is I was bored at different parts and as part of the game the Capital spiced things up.  Well in the movie you see the manipulation which added appeal for me.

My favourite characters in the movie were Katniss, Gale, Rue and the coach, played by Woody and the Designer, Lennox.  I enjoyed Peeta in the book but I wasn't impressed at all in the movie.  I am totally Team Gale.

The idea of children killing children didn't affect me in the book, I actually wanted more violence or descriptive scenes.  Well it was shocking in the movie, holy smokes, I'm shocked so many loved this.  Katniss sister and Rue are far to young to have been considered, the Capital should be ashamed.

Favourite scenes was the fire entrance, Peeta's camouflage technique, Rue with Katniss, the costumes in the Capital and of course everything Gale.

The best feeling was when I finished the movie, I actually want to read Mockingjay now.  I had no interest in continuing when I read the book in 2010.

I will have to go read the summary of Mockingjay.

 

14 comments:

  1. I didn't love the book or the movie. My problem with the movie was the handheld camera work - we saw it in the theater and I had to leave early because it made me sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mentioned it I remember bloggers not liking that, I didn't notice.

      Delete
  2. Chasing Fire was my favorite with the books. I didn't like Mockingjay at all and thought The Hunger Games was just ok. I do understand the hype around it. I thought the movie was well done and I loved Rue. I cried in the book and the movie where she was concerned.

    Great write up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was one of the best book to movie adaptations in a long time. I'm glad you liked it more than the book and I can see why. I loved the behind the scenes part in the movie, it was so well done.

    I saw it in the theater and the hand held camera shooting bothered me a little bit, however watching it at home on a smaller screen was so much better for those parts.

    I liked the series, but I definitely had some issues with Mockingjay.

    Great review of the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Team Gale as well!! Enjoyed your review of the movie. I watched it recently with my family a couple weeks ago and we all felt let down. I think it missed some of the great relationship developments that were in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read the books nor seen the movie. As the mother of two teenagers, I was not really in the mood to watch teenagers kill each other. However, both my teenagers did read the books and watch the movies. They loved it. I'm not sure I'm not disturbed by that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the book first, andI found the first part to be really slow but once the games began it picked up.
    I watched the film after reading the book, and was a little dissapointed with the film, mostly the ending.
    I agree, Peeta's camouflage technique was done well in the film and I like Dale too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Funny - My thoughts exactly!

      Delete
    2. I mean with "Gone with the Wind" and all!

      Delete
  8. I'm actually surprised you like the movie lol! I was indifferent about P or G before, but now I am Team G!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read the book and I enjoyed it but not quite as much as I thought I would. I guess by the time I read it it was very well known and the hype might have raised my expectations. I read the second book as well but couldn't be bothered to read the third one. Haven't seen the movie yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never read the book but LOVED the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The book(s) were much better than the movie. The movie felt like validation for me, since I thought the books were so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.