Sunday, September 2, 2012

Thrill Week Brain Teasers



What is Thrill Week

It is all about Networking with Bloggers and Authors who love to read and write Thrillers, Mystery, Suspense and/or Horrors. The goal is to find new blogs and bloggers with similar interest in those genres and of course add to our huge TBR and Wishlists.

Yesterday started the Blog Hop, it will stay open all week, feel free to join, go here. respond to the Thrill Ride Questionnaire, link up and network.


Thrill Week Brain Teasers

Day 2

Many enjoy being Detective, put your skills to the test, can you guess the answer to these Mystery Brain Teasers?

Mystery Brain Teaser 1


The Notes


Detective Brown reviewed the information they had on the case so far. A lady was found shot and they already had a list of suspects - John, Mark, Sarah, Henry, and Carol. Plus, there were five notes that were found that were from the killer. The first was found in a supply room. The second was found in an art studio. The third was in a restroom, the fourth in an animal shelter, and the fifth at the harbor. All of the notes read the same thing, "The clues are where you find the notes." Yet, nothing was found at anyplace the notes were.

Taking one more look at all the clues, Detective Brown immediately solved the case.

Who did it?

A N S W E R....................


Sarah.


The notes said that the clues were where you found them. From this, you could put the places where you found the notes in order, like this:

Supply Room
Art Studio
Restroom
Animal Shelter
Harbor

Then, if you read the first letter in each of the locations, you get SARAH.



Mystery Brain Teaser 2 (NOTE - Christian teaser, I don't want to offend anyone)

Murder or Suicide

Detective Wesley carefully examined the scene before him. He was in a hotel room about 3 miles from the victim's home. The victim's body lay in front of him peacefully on the bed. It was January 7th, 3:15 PM, the body was discovered by a hotel maid. The man's name was Sean Donovin. He was in his late twenties, a successful business owner, a Sunday school teacher, and was soon to be married. The detective shook his head in disgust. He whispered to himself, "Why would anyone commit suicide when they had everything going for them?"

The detective saw this as suspicious. The only potential suspects would have to be people he trusted. According to testimony from his coworkers and friends, he only trusted 3 people: his sister, Hannah, who was very close with the victim and who often assisted him while he taught at the local church; his brother, John, who owned a smaller, semi-successful business; and his fiance, Jenna.

The apparent cause of death was by injection of poison. At least his death was peaceful, the detective thought. The detective continued to search the hotel room, when he stumbled upon a suicide note. It read:

Jan 04/2009 4:10 AM

My loved ones,

Jenna, Sis, John, I would just like to tell you how sorry I am. Blame God for why I am to die today. Blame Him. Seek Him if you want to know why I did leave you. Do not mourn my death. Please move on.

Goodbye,

Sean


The detective saw this letter as somewhat suspicious. His last words were abrupt, almost impersonal. Why would a Sunday school teacher blame God?

The body was taken in for medical examination. Days later, the coroner would determine that the body died from a poison which killed instantly. The coroner would also determine that the body was only dead a mere 3 hours before it was discovered.

The detective then realized that the date and time used on the note were completely false. All 3 of those mentioned in the letter agreed the handwriting was indeed Sean's.

The detective realized that the identity of the murderer was given inside the suicide note. After a thorough examination of the note, Detective Wesley quickly arrested the murderer.

Who was it?



A N S W E R....................

John, his brother, was the murderer.


The time 4:10 AM didn't refer to the time but rather to the biblical passage Genesis 4:10, which is an excerpt from the story of Cain and Abel, where an envious Cain kills his brother Abel. Many things point to this. AM referred to the Old Testament.

In the suicide note, Sean, being a Sunday school teacher, hinted to search for God to determine who killed him with "Seek Him if you want to know why I did leave you", which refers to the Bible. Furthermore, he intentionally did not mention the name of his Sister, Hannah, when he noted "Jenna, Sis", which sounds like "Genesis".



Have fun, I will give the answer on Tuesday, Sept 4
BE HONEST :-)  WERE YOU RIGHT???? lol


18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I do too Paula, lol, it is nice to be the one giving instead of feeling lost hahahhahaha

      Delete
  2. Here goes..but then I hardly ever figure out the who dun it until the very end. My answers are posted here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool that you posted, coming over to see how good you did, lol

      Delete
  3. I got the first one really quickly -- the second one, I think I've got but will wait for the reveal. Not as confident about my guess on #2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing the answers they seem easy, the 2nd is clever I think. Look forward to your thoughts.

      Delete
  4. I got the first one but the second one has me stumped!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you thought :-)

      Delete
    2. LOl well I got the first one right, not surprised the second one stumped me I am not religious and therefore not at all familiar with the bible

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I was wondering if you would guess, evil laugh hehehehe

      I wonder who will be right......

      Delete
  6. Here's how to hide the answers. Highlight the answers in black and so that the reader has to select the text to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Clarissa, I didn't think within the post. duh.... I was thinking the comments. Good idea for the next teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cheated and had my hubby read them, but I kinda was able to get #1 with a bit of coaxing from him, #2 he got :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. The answers are Sarah and John.

    I have to be honest I didn't get Sarah, I didn't have a clue but I did get John.

    The way it said seek him and he was the only male and the way he started with their names seemed odd but I did not get the bible representation. Clever.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my hubs said each place a note was found rrrreeeeaaaallll slow I got Sarah, then with the other he kept saying to me, Him, Him the other two are girls.

      Delete
  10. I suck. Didn't even come close!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was too dumb but these were fun to read!! :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.