Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Start Over: Create the life YOU want by Mary Jaksch


Book Summary

This book will give you a blueprint on how to start over and find happiness.

When change happens it life, it's easy to get stuck in negativity and self-blame. "Start Over" will show you how to overcome fear, negativity, self-blame, and inertia order to move ahead and find serenity, success, and happiness.

It will help you to come through changes in your life, and make starting over your greatest opportunity.

Think of how a caterpillar finally becomes a butterfly – this book will inspire you to find your wings and learn to fly.

My Review - 5

You may remember, in Feb/March I was struggling with reading and realized it was life over all and I was really overwhelmed without a plan.  I joined a 100 day happiness project to boost the start and Start Over really made me 'check' myself.

For my review, I have decided to share amazing quotes Mary Jaksch used throughout the book to motivate the reader.  It is a good work book, short but with a punch.

Favourite Quotes

"Out of difficulties grow miracles." - Jean De La Bruyere

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.            -Joanne Kathleen Rowling

What is to give light must first endure burning.  - Victor Frankl

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.  - Confucious

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort and convenience, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy.  - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.                     
- Ralph Waldo Emerson




5 comments:

  1. Wondeful quotes Marce :) Life is so much eaier when you accept what is and move on. Glad you liked this book.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great; love the quotes! I know sometimes life knocks you down, but you have to get up and try, try again. I loved the Confucious quote the most, so true. Thanks for sharing the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going through some big changes here and this looks like it could help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the quotes, they will work in all walks of life when we need to be jump started. I like the quote by Ralph Waldo, about leaving a trail wherever we go...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really bad at reading non-fiction. But want to read one this year anyway. Like the quotes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.