Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pdf on Kindle - How to Convert



I was reading an Amazon forum and someone mentioned how to convert pdf's, I tried it and it worked, so of course I have to share this wonderful news.

Easy Peasy.......

When an author is sending you a pdf or you have it on email and need to forward it to your kindle email in the subject line when you forward you put convert.

Yes, that is it, tried and proven by yours truly.

To be clear you need to send the pdf ebook to your kindle email putting convert in the subject line.

I have had my kindle for 2 years so this should work for all kindle devices.  I am able to use all the features, highlighting, bookmarking, change font etc.

It took me 2 years to figure it out but i'm not complaining.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this info. I am so tech challenged that it would have taken me eons to have found out about it. Thanks so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome :-) When I read it I said, right, that is far to easy but it worked. 2 authors were excited also, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd known you didn't know how to do this. I so would have helped you out.
    So glad you've discovered this awesome feature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have calibri on my puter so I can convert all files to mobi then transfer them to my kindle. I've done it both ways : )

    Always good to know. How's Bedbugs?

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip! I've used Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/) which works well, but I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU!! I hate reading PDFs on my Kindle because they never look quite right. Now I know what to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juju your suppose to share the easy goods with me :-)

    Paula and Annette, I read about calibre but I didn't understand :~) oh well i'm excited for the easy way.

    Paula - Bedbugs is good, hoping the end is worth it, its a 3 star so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenners the font was far to dang small. I already wear glasses but not for reading I wasn't about to make myself start, lol

    Glad I could help.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.