Thursday, January 19, 2012

Today's Release - Fifty Shades Freed by EL James




I highly recommend you read this series in order.  The first was my favourite read for 2011 - you can go TWCS to order




My Reviews

Fifty Shades Darker 4 star


Book Summary from The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House

When unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey, it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian’s singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed.

Now, together, they have more—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity, identity, or independence; Christian must somehow overcome his compulsion to control and lay to rest the horrors that blighted his past and haunt his present.

Just when it seems that together their love can conquer any obstacle, tragedy, malice and fate combine to make Ana’s worst nightmares come true. Alone and desperate, she must face down the poisoned legacy of Christian’s past.

Seductive, shocking, sad, and funny, Fifty Shades Freed is the compelling final volume in the Fifty Shades trilogy.


My ARC Review - 3 1/2 More Sugar Please

This trilogy started out with a bang, I loved every moment.  The 2nd was good and now the 3rd is good but only because I enjoy the characters, I wanted so much more.  I will continue to recommend the first one but the third just didn't make the mark.

I would categorise this as a Romance read, not my favourite genre so by 50% I was rather bored and disappointed. I wrote this from a past review It is categorized as Erotica but truly it is so much more, Suspense, Mystery, Romance and definitely Thrilling, oh and did I say hot!  What is hard for me is that all along the books have been Erotica but they were so edgy, I thought EL James took that away now, they not only enjoyed Vanilla sex in this one but I felt there personalities became 'normal'.  Christian seemed to change to much for me.  I understood the Freed part which we finally get to in the last 25% of the story which was great but things happened that would never in the real life of Christian but I think was purposely written as a 'meant to be' which is an eye roll in my world.

Ana was strong, risky and sexy in this one which I loved.  Totally topping from the bottom, loved this.  You will have to read to understand that term, possibly even know more about the BDSM lifestyle.  I had been waiting for this and wanted a steamy topping from the bottom playroom scene.  I will say that I am happy they found their forever lifestyle that works for them, that was hot.  Christian loves control but Ana was able to stand up to him like no other and help teach and free him.

Music was always a huge factor but this one Ana didn't know most of the songs, it became irritating the way it was done, one playroom scene the music was used amazingly well.

The other story lines were ok, I wasn't wow'd by them and they were to short for me to get engaged.  Overall, a ton of hot sexy scenes so if that is what you love to read, I highly recommend. It was the mystery and intensity of their relationship that made me first fall in love with Christian and Ana but overall in the end still an intriguing love story.

I love tie in covers for trilogy's, and these one's were perfect, giving a glimpse of the story in each.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it looks like #1 took the cake here. Maybe she should have wrapped it up with that one :) I will still read for the closure.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.