Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Review - The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder





Book Summary from Amazon

One moment can change everything.
 
Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.
 
Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.
 
The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him.  And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.



My Review - 4 1/2 Great to the last Drop

Imagine Kristin Hannah or Jodi Picoult writing in Verse. The Day Before reminded me of the emotion and heartbreaking story lines you read by them but Lisa Schroeder does it with lyrical ease that captures your heart.

The Day Before is about Amber and Cade meeting and spending the day having fun.  This was there promise to each other, no discussing the problems in their life that they were obviously running away from.  I enjoyed the simplistic way they met and how they just allowed the day to happen.  Both dealing with some hard responsibilities but enjoying the day before the inevitable.

A favourite part of the story that added another unique style to her Verse novels were the letters intertwined in the story.  These captured the intensity of Amber's dilemma and we are kept in suspense on Cade's dilemma which worked out well.

This story was just lovely.

Verse Novels are my simple pleasure and hands down Lisa Schroeder if my favourite Verse Novel author.




8 comments:

  1. also love verse novels. . .and Jodi Picoult. this sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds like something I could into for sure ! I normally shy away from things that seem remotely romantic, but it seems like there's a lot more going on here!! Great review!

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds fantastic! I really have to give this one a shot. The characters sound really genuine and real. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to look for this book - I love novels in verse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love novels inu verse with Sones and Hokins being my fave YA. This one sounds stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll admit that verse novels are not my forte but your enthusiasm for them definitely has me rethinking my stance on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I think I will have to tell my sister about this one. I am not a Jodi P. fan (don't shoot me) but my sister loves her books. So if this is in that vain, I think she would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought reading books like this will be boring or something, but when I started reading and fall in the characters, I realized that I’m starting not just to like it but I fell in love with the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.