Monday, March 3, 2014

Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!


Here are my Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read - what do you recommend?

I have put in order of most personal interest, they are all on my TBR list.

Jussi Adler-Olsen
known for




Kate Morton
known for



S. J. Bolton
known for



Carlos Ruiz Zafon
known for



Tami Hoag
wow, so many books



Harlan Coben
again, so many books


Laura Childs
known for


Laura Lippman
known for



Karen White
known for


Pam Jenoff
known for




Any surprises to you and I should read before mid year?


16 comments:

  1. I've read several of those authors but have quite a few I need to get to myself. I think you'd like Coben's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Forgotten Garden and I like all of the Tami Hoag books I've read. If you end up liking her, I recommend you try Lisa Gardner as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read Carlos Ruiz Zafon, who I loved. I haven't read any of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read a few Coben which I thought were okay. I read one by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and other people seem to like his work more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess we can add your whole list to mine. lol I haven't read any of these and some I haven't even heard of! Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first list I have read where I haven't read any of them! Though Kate Morton is high on my TBR list! And I really want to try and tackle The Shadow of the Wind this summer!

    Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library--My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O Kate Morton! YES! I haven't either and need to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of these either, so we are in the same boat!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just read my first Laura Lippman book, and really liked it! I'm not sure that I'd seek out more, just because it's not really a genre I read very much. I have three of Kate Morton's books on my shelves and haven't read any yet -- but I really want to! Interesting list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Harlan Coben either, but I do recommend Tami Hoag, Pam Jenoff, and Kate Morton! I have enjoyed all of them. Also consider Laura Childs if you like a nice light cozy mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only know Tami Hoag from your list. We have quite a few books by her on our shelf... but I haven't gotten around to reading them. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Marce, thanks for stopping by my blog! Let's see, some of these authors I haven't even heard of, but I do like Harlan Coben and I've read "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. "The Shadow of the Wind" was also really good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these authors either, but heard some really good things about S. J. Bolton (from Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea), so I might check Now You See Me out at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Harlan Coben for you being a thriller fan is a must. I really, really enjoy Tami Hoag as well. AND S.J. Bolton is one of my FAVORITE AUTHORS EVER! You simply must read her books soon! Kate Morton is another good one with The House at Riverton :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have read Harlan Coben and Laura Lippman but don't remember the book titles off the top of my head. I may have read one Tami Hoag?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think you can go wrong with Coben and Hoag (especially her early mysteries). I loved Shadow of the Wind and need to get to the next few.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.