Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Day 2 - Interview Day for BBAW with Priya (Tabula Rasa)






3 of us have been partnered for the interviews, Priya at Tabula Rasa who I am interviewing, Priya interviewed Heather at Based on a True Story and go over to Heather's blog as she interviewed me.



Tabula Rasa - Priya's blog

Thank you Priya for coming over to Tea Time with Marce.  I loved how you used quotes from books in your Day 1 feature. 

Enjoy our interview.

Marce

Your blog is called Tabula Rasa, a clean slate – tell us more about how you came up with your blog title?

Priya

Hi, Marce. It is great to be here on your site. I get asked this a lot. When I started the blog, I was in a tough place and I thought writing would help me get better. It was to be my new beginning, a clean slate of sorts. Tabula Rasa is also the title of one of my favourite Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes!


Marce

Do you enjoy Thrillers, Mystery or Suspense books?  Please recommend one of your favourites.

Priya

It is the Book Blogger Appreciation Week, so it is only appropriate that I mention a mystery series that I discovered through blogging. The Cooper and Fry mysteries by Stephen Booth is a particular favourite of mine. Set in a typical small town, the series has some good old detective stories with much intrigue and a lot of heart!


Marce

Who are some of your favourite authors?

Priya

My favourite authors are Terry Pratchett, J K Rowling, Stephen King, A S Byatt and Stephen Booth. I try to expand my horizon and read different kinds of books, but I can't help be partial to speculative fiction!


Marce

You are from India, do you have any Indian authors you would recommend?  I have read Renita D’Silva and think she is great on capturing the Indian culture.

Priya

I haven't read Renita D'Silva. But I do recommend reading books by Amitav Ghosh and Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Not only do they capture the exotic charms of India, they also make their books quite relatable to non-Indians.


Marce

You currently write for NewMyths.com, tell us a little about The Dew Eagle?   You can go here to check it out.  By Priya on NewMyths

Priya

News Myths is a website where I published one story a couple of years ago. The story is inspired from Native American mythology, it is about a huntress who falls in love with an eagle-god. I do write some fiction occasionally, but hardly any makes it to the blog!



Thank you so much Pryia, I look forward to getting to know you more during Book Bloggers Appreciation Week.

 
Remember to go to Heather's blog to see her interview with me. 


 

19 comments:

  1. Love this interview! And I also love the name of Priya's blog. I'm glad she explained that it was an episode title on Buffy because I was trying to remember where I had heard that phrase before - that was it! I'm also glad to hear about Stephen Booth's mystery series and that it's a favorite. I have meant to try it for a long time. I'll have to make time for the first book, which I believe is Black Dog or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay. You're right, Black Dog is the first book. It's a really nice read!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to have Priya's recommendation for Divakaruni--I love reading books set in India or by South Asian authors and am always on the look out for new names to add to my list.

    Stephen King is a favorite of mine--but I'm otherwise not a fan of mystery, suspense, speculative fiction, or horror! LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cooper and Fry mysteries sound like something I would love. And thanks for the recommendations of Indian authors. I've read a few books by South Asian authors, but I'm always happy to discover new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome... I hope you get around to reading these!

      Delete
  4. I love the way she came up with her blog's name. It makes her blog sound very personal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog name and the meaning behind it, Priya.

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know the meaning behind your blog name, Priya. I had wondered about the same. Also, while I am yet to read Amitav Ghosh, Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to know that, I only recently discovered her. You should really give Ghosh's books a try. Also, I love your name!

      Delete
  7. Aw, I love that you recommended Amitav Ghosh. I adored his Ibis Trilogy in particular -- he's such a vivid and interesting writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only read the first of the three, but he is, I agree! :)

      Delete
  8. One of the best blog name origin stories I've ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay another Buffy fan! And Stephen King too? Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I'm finding so many Stephen King fans around here.

      Delete
  10. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.