Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Day 3 - BBAW - Because of bloggers I have loved these books





What have you read and loved because of a fellow blogger?


I use LibraryThing to organize my books: Wishlist, Kindle, Bookshelf, the monthly book club read and WHO RECOMMENDED the book.  I really like that I keep this information.

It was interesting to look back on this actually.

Matthew from A Guys Moleskine Notebook wrote a kick ass review of........




Matthew's Review

My Review - I just had a mini meltdown, I deleted my 5star review by mistake.  I didn't post to LibraryThing but thank goodness I did to Goodreads, sigh, I will have to fix this later.  Immediate headache and tears........... a 5star review, ok I'm breathing again.


Sandy from You've GOTTA read this blog - Her Review and  Ath's blog Reading on a Rainy Day

I have many on my list from Sandy actually, I never realized this before.

My Review - this was my 1st True Crime and Graphic novel






This blogger doesn't blog anymore but her is my review.


 
 
Another that I can't find the blogger anymore - My Review
 
 


Christa from the blog Mental Foodie: A Book and Food Lover (note we are online friends, she hasn't officially blogged in a few months but hasn't official gave up)  We have recommended many books to each other.

My review - I also had my book club read this, loved it




And the last one I will feature is from Natalie's blog - Coffee and Book Chick

Natalie's Review

My Review





Outside of blogger recommendation I would say Amazon has the best personal recommendations for me so far.  They are great at giving book ideas similar to books I have read and enjoyed.


I want to highlight these recommended books to me from my favourite bloggers:

Samantha from Booked on a Feeling - Silent Scream by Angela Marsons - My current read is from Sam also, Eeny Meeny by MJ Alridge and many more.  I add to my list often from Sam.

Kathy from Bermudaonion blog - The Third Wife by Lisa Jewell and The Color of Tea by Hannah Tunnicliffe

Michelle from That's what she read - The Winter Girl by Matt Marinovich, How to be a Good Wife by Emma Chapman and Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke

Nicola from Back to Books - Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter

Reading with Jade - Marble Collector by Ceclia Ahern

Nise from Under the Boardwalk - The Guilty One by Lisa Ballantyne


 

18 comments:

  1. I loved The Human Bobby too. I was just looking the other day to see if he's written anything else. Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mystery group is discussing INTO THE DARKEST CORNER in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that I haven't pushed them too far with this one. I liked it a lot, but it's a grim. Not for me, but for some of them. PRETTY GIRLS - another grim one, but I love Karin Slaughter's books. And EENY MEENY, enjoy, enjoy. That one is really good.

    Some great bloggers here with wonderful suggestions. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Marce, for including me! You have a great list of books AND bloggers here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention! Great to see Robert Bloch on there. Psycho is great and I've read a lot of his short stories. Superb writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OUTside of bloggers -- that's interesting! According to my statistics, outside of bloggers, I get a few recommendations from professional reviews, I pick up a few books randomly, and I get psyched about a few from flipping through publishers' catalogs. But bloggers account for most of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to keep track of who recommended what but haven't been lately. Maybe I need to start again. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the shout-out! I wish I made a better note of who recommended what to me. I do that occasionally but then I go through phases where I forget to do it. Oh, and thank goodness you found a copy of your review in Goodreads - I would freak out if I accidentally deleted something as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do get the best recs from my fellow bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Into the Darkest Corner was my introduction to Elizabeth Haynes, and oh my gosh, do I love her books. The other books you mention are not ones I have read, but they all sound good, Marce. As if my wish list isn't long enough. :-)

    I wish I was better at keeping track of books recommended to me. It would be easier if I used Goodreads as my wish list too, but I only add books I have read. I don't know why I'm so stubborn about it. Haha

    I love your blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth Haynes is one of my favourite authors. I'm definitely reading all the books she write. :-)

    You've a great list there so I'll have to check them out. Thanks for visiting my blog, Marce!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just added "into the darkest corner' to my wish list. I've had so much fun this week checking in to see what other bloggers are reading and writing about!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love these BBAW posts - I loved Into a Darkest Corner too although I read it before I started blogging and I'm definitely going to check out Green River Killer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My wishlist grows by at least one or two books every time I read through my bloglovin' feed - so many great books to be found.

    Thanks for the mention - Cecelia Ahern's books are great when you're looking for something of a lighter read.

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  14. A few of these I have wanted to read forever. I must get to them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the shout-out!! I'm so so bad with blogging this past couple of years... including visiting my blogger friends!! I'm glad we're connected in another way though. I am still waiting for some mind-blowing books... (though I have to say movie wise, I really quite like Interstellar - a very creative concept!) The next book I'm reading is promising... but we'll see... if it's good then I'll blog...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.