Friday, April 30, 2010

Review - Motherhood is Murder by Diana Orgain on Kindle

*

Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery)

*

Nights out are hard to come by for new mommy Kate Connelly. So when Kate and her husband are invited to a dinner cruise hosted by her new mommy club, Roo & You, they jump at it. But when the president of the club takes a deadly spill, everyone becomes suspect-and Kate's on deck to solve the mystery.

My Review – 4 Great to the last drop

I will use one word to describe this book – CUTE

I am new to the genre – Cozy Mystery. My favourite is Suspense, Mystery, Thriller but I had never read what was considered cozy, I don’t think anyways.

This is the perfect read for new moms, expecting moms and grandma’s with new little bundles of joys to spoil.

The main character Kate has a 2 month old and all new mom adventures are explained brilliantly, I smiled a lot and once I was laughing out loud, I had to stop reading to fully enjoy the moment. The description of her real first meeting as a PI, just think of the first day going back to work. What to wear, a bra for the breastfeeding boobs included, shoes that will fit and a purse that is not the diaper bag, oh how I remembered my days not so long ago.

I also liked that the action started from the first chapter and so we knew what Kate had to solve. Each chapter started with Kate’s To Do List, a mixture of mommy duties, wife duties and for the investigation, eg. Buy book, PI hints for Dummies, lmao

I enjoyed this one, just a fun cute read, cozy mystery.

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce


8 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love a cute book from time to time! This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first book in this series on my TBR list. I always love to find a new series! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you've discovered the joy of cozy mysteries! They're so much fun. And Motherhood is Murder shounds cute indeed. Excellent review, Marce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed this. I haven't read this author, but do enjoy quick cozy mysteries. They're fun to read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover of the book is fun. I really like that. The story also sounds really good, but perhaps not the right story for me. I don't read a lot of mysteries. Thank you for the great review of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marce, thank you so much for the kind review! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to read a lot of cozy mysteries. I've been trying to read my stacks of owned and unread books though, so I haven't been to my library to pick any up lately. They're usually such fun and easy reads. I'm glad you liked your first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I'm expecting this cover drew me in right away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.