Thursday, November 12, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - To Short?



"Life is to short to read bad books"

Deb from BTT ask - Do you read everything all the way through or do you feel life really is too short to read bad books?

When it is not my cup of tea there is no way I am finishing it. I do not have time to waste and also stay up very late to read so sleep is more important than finishing a bad book.

The main style I realised I do not enjoy and will stay away from now is the back and fourth, 1 chapt is present day the next is 20 years ahead, ugggh, I will not do it to myself. Also, if I just find the characters extremely boring, I will read the last 2 chapters and feel like I finished :-0 hahahaha

I will give 2 examples - The Time Travelers Wife style of writing and Love the One your with, its characters.

When I buy a book I consider was bad I think to myself "if I finish this I just paid to punish myself" lol, a bad book would take me weeks to finish instead of a week or less for one I am enjoying. Nope, I will not punish myself.

So how about you? Please comment here and go to BTT to share and visit others.

HAPPY THURSDAY

http://btt2.wordpress.com/2009/11/12/too-short/#comments

7 comments:

  1. Haha good answer. Here's mine: http://thecrowdedleaf.wordpress.com/2009/11/12/booking-through-thursday-november-12-2009/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good answer. I don't really like the "back and forth" type of writing, either - too hard to keep track of what's going on! I never was able to finish "Time Traveler's Wife," mainly because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL about paying to punish yourself. You do make a good point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog! :)

    Life is indeed too short so we should strive to read books that we enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for welcoming me :]

    Oh! I remember a book which was worth 99 php (a dollar and a few cents) and which I find really boring: The Great Gatsby.

    From that they on, I swore to myself I'm not picking up an American Classic no matter how "classic" that book is. @.@

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog! I agree with you, what is the point in punishing yourself with a bad book, there are far too many good ones out there to enjoy instead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.