Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - The Pact, Jodi Picoult


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!





My Teaser - The Pact by Jodi Picoult

The chapters go back and fourth between Now and Then.

I cheated a little as I went back trying to at least tell you if it was text from Now or Then and found this, I thought it was perfect. (i'm only on page 83)

pg. 247 Part III - The Truth




That a lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies;
That a lie which is all a lie may be met and fought with outright;
But a lie which is part a truth is a harder matter to fight.
- Alfred, Lord Tennyson -
The Grandmother


Summary

For eighteen years the Hartes and the Golds have lived next door to each other, sharing everything from Chinese food to chicken pox to carpool duty-- they've grown so close it seems they have always been a part of each other's lives. Parents and children alike have been best friends, so it's no surprise that in high school Chris and Emily's friendship blossoms into something more. They've been soul mates since they were born.

So when midnight calls from the hospital come in, no one is ready for the appalling truth: Emily is dead at seventeen from a gunshot wound to the head. There's a single unspent bullet in the gun that Chris took from his father's cabinet-- a bullet that Chris tells police he intended for himself. But a local detective has doubts about the suicide pact that Chris has described.


Please leave a comment and come over to participate here. http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/teaser-tuesdays-nov-24/

25 comments:

  1. Great tease! I usually like her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to dust this one off my TBR to read over the holidays. Great tease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I've only read one of Jodi Picoult's books, My Sister's Keeper, and was not really a fan, but this one sounds like I might enjoy it more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I haven't read this but I think I've seen the TV movie.

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picoult really knows how to write heart wrenchin books, doesn't she. This sounds really good. Here's my teasers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous teaser. I have not read this one of hers. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/11/lonesome-teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this was a memorable book. I like all of hers, actually, and I just bought the movie "My Sister's Keeper."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quote - I love Jodi Picoult's books and I haven't read this one. I'll have to add it to my library list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    So many commented on my teaser as to liking I will have a book tour for my book teaser along with my review posted at my site on Dec. 3rd. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this sounds like such a heartbreaking story! Great teaser pick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good teaser :)
    I have seen her books but never tried one, so perhaps

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another not keen on My Sister's keeper reader, sounds like this might be a better one to get to like

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice teaser! I've never read this author, but I hear she's pretty good. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this sounds like a good book. i love picoult, but haven't read anything of hers the past year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haven't read this one, but loved My Sister's Keeper on audio. Thanks for the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I really like Jodi Picoult's books; I must read this one. She has a unique way of looking at what could be considered such ordinary things in life . . . and she is a very good writer.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's an interesting structure for a book.

    Thanks for visiting today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have never read Picoult, but that is a good teaser. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of Picoult books sound too intense for me. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the teaser. I haven't read Picoult in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for stopping at Freda's Voice!!!

    Good teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a good one. I've read a couple of Jodi Picoult's books, but they're always tough reads.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I read this book about 6 months ago. It took me a while to get through but it was sooo good. I also couldn't believe the ending!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've read all of her books, hope you're enjoying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, I"m going to have t oread this one...*off to add it to my list*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.