Thursday, November 19, 2009

How do you decide what to read next?




Decisions Decisions but what a wonderful one to make.



So many books on my nightstand and TBR list that I don't own and I still feel like it is not enough. I counted 9 unread on my nightstand but wasn't in the mood for any of them. I called the bookstore to see if they had a book in I wanted to try by a new author for me, they didn't have it but could have it in 5 days, I will finish another book by then.




So tell me how you make the decision?




Do you get caught up in the hype of a book, the talk of the month, go by your mood, try to finish challenges etc???




Hope your enjoying your current read(s).




I appreciate your comments.

5 comments:

  1. If I've got a book on my TBR list thats just been on my mind forever, I'll pick it up.
    But usually I use random.org (I'm so indecisive and can never choose what to read next!), and whatever # it chooses, I will count that # of books down my TBR list and read that one next.
    I usually pick 5 or 6 at a time, and choose a new one each time I finish one.

    I used to write them down, cut them out, and draw them out of a hat, haha. But I got tired of writing and cutting :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed I feel your pain. LOL. I have allot of books on my tbr pile and I want to read them soon. But for now i am reading one book!
    I always choose the one witch I own the longest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny that you should blog about this! I encountered this very problem last night. I picked up three books and started to read each of them...the 3rd book won. I think this happens to me sometimes when I am tired and just can't make up my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow no matter how many unread books I have begging to read, I am drawn to some recent release. I want to read all the new books when they are released, but often, if I buy them, I still don't read them for a while....I'm PATHETIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I read a book that I really like, I check out other books by that author. For instance, I read Zippy by Haven Kimmel. Then I read all of her other books!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.