Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - Gods Behaving Badly

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following.
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser is from the funny story of Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips. It literally made me laugh out loud (lol).

Pg. 115

I could kill you all, thought Apollo, with a click of my fingers. Or at least I could have. Once. Before Artemis had her little bit of fun.

Summary of Gods Behaving Badly

Being immortal isn't all it's cracked up to be. Life's hard for a Greek god in the 21st century: nobody believes in you any more, even your own family doesn't respect you, and you're stuck in a rundown house in north London with too many siblings and not enough hot water. But for Artemis (goddess of hunting, professional dog walker), Aphrodite (goddess of beauty, telephone sex operator) and Apollo (god of the sun, TV psychic) there's no way out...Until a meek cleaner and her would-be boyfriend come into their lives, and turn the world literally upside down.

To participate go to http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/ and/or leave your comment here.

30 comments:

  1. ohh for a greek myths buff! I would definitely liek this one

    here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teaser is good, but that summary is laugh out loud funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen some very good reviews of this one...sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you need a laugh you must put this on your TBR list. The first chapter had me laughing out loud, I was crying from laughing so much.

    I had to put the summary because the teaser just wasn't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like it could be a really fun read. My teaser is up at Calico Contemplations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I've been meaning to get a copy of this. Like the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds fun; enjoy. Here is mine:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/11/tuesday-teaser_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting teaser. I'm going to have to read this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a fun read! I may have to check it out......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting. Nice teaser. I think Alice in Wonderland is getting a bit of a revival because Tim Burton is redoing the movie with Johnny Depp and it's being released sometime soon (I think March 2010?) so everyone wants to have the book/prior movies fresh in mind before the new one comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds funny. I guess being a God isn't quite what it's cracked up to be. thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just adore this teaser, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read this one!

    Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser. This book has been in my TBR pile for months.
    Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/11/scandal-teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh, I remember when this one first came out ... talk of the town at the time. Thanks for the tease (and visiting)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds liked a fun read! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your teaser and the summary - love it! This sounds like an entertaining read!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds fantastic!!!! I REALLY want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this sounds like a hilarious read!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard of this one before, but it certainly sounds like it would have some crazy, fun moments! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I've heard this one is good. I hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really need to read a funny book...maybe this is the one. thanks for stopping by Novel Discussions!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've heard such good things about this book. Seems like a lot of fun! Thanks for coming by my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Thank you for introducing me to this! I have a passion for Greek Mythology .. and this seems like SUCH an interesting read!!!

    Allison
    Well-Read Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh that's funny.
    Have a good reading week and thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This made me chuckle too.
    This is on my tbr as well. Gotta get through that list!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.