Thursday, July 22, 2010

Review - Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia on Kindle

Book Summary from Amazon


Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand-the mark of an angel.

But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows.

Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower.
 
My Review
 
This is one I was excited to read, I enjoyed it and look forward to more works from the Debut Author, Jennifer Murgia.
 
Charmed fans you will enjoy this one, honestly it could have been a few episodes wrapped up in one.
 
Teagan was a great character, I enjoyed getting to know her, the 1st half of the story I would say I LOVED, the teenagers were so real, she got their behaviours down perfectly.  And for once a YA book with a parent in it, thank you Jennifer.  This has been a missing piece in other YA for me.
 
I love the idea of angels and Teagan meeting her Guardian Angel, just lovely.  It was so cute how Teagan wanted a boyfriend, but not just anyone, she was willing to wait and then out of blue her Guardian Angel, it felt like a dream. 
 
And then for me this is where it changed a little, I seriously couldn't tell the difference between reality and Teagan dreaming.  I just didn't feel like a few days she would be able to accept and embrace having a Guardian Angel, boyfriend, fighting good vs evil with the good angel and the bad angel and even within herself.  It just wasn't realistic, something was off for me, can't pin point sorry.
 
I did very much enjoy Jennifer's descriptions and words she used at times, simple sentences but made you want to read them again because they were dark and beautiful. Example My eyes closed to the haze that was now enveloping me, and I lay there as the rain quickly stained the weary sky and the heavens wept for me.
 
For me I wish this was a stand alone book, not a sequel.
 
I give it a 3 1/2 More Sugar Please
 
 
Go here The Bookshelf Sophisticate to read Katelyn's review, I had it on my Wishlist but she made me excited to read it sooner.
 
 
Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen Charmed, so I'm not sure this is for me. Parents are left out of a lot of YA - I guess it's a way of making kids feel empowered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Marce! Thanks for the shout out, I'm glad you liked Jennifer's writing, even though you weren't looking for a series, hopefully you'll pick up Lemniscate and find it more to your liking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm just to old for these YA books. But you did a good job on the review. It just wasn't my cup of tea, today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your honest review. I keep hearing good things about this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.