Wednesday, September 15, 2010

MIA - Mini Vent



Friends I apologise for not being around and networking.  I love to visit and build relationships in this great blogging community BUT real life has taken over:

Crisis at work - I manage Employee Relations and 'fight' the union, sigh

Recovering - some may remember I had a MRI and have protruding disks in spine, well I today is day 27 and I am tired of the discomfort, but at least the pain is almost completelyn gone, right.  This week is my first full days back to work and because of the crisis I haven't been able to catch up only deal with it, leaving at 6:30 nights, coming home to my 3 year old and i'm just DONE

Tired - yup i'm just fed up and tired

Personal Life - my dad has Dementia and this week has been stressful with dealing with that (Book Note - this is why Still Alice by Lisa Genova is one of my favourite books of all time, even if you are not dealing with Alzheimer's or Dementia in your life this book will touch you, highly recommend)

Lack of a sex life :-0 - ok ok I know that is probably TMI for some, but 26 days without is torture in my life but it truly wasn't possible in a neck brace with back issues BUT we made it possible last night, super yaaaay, lol

Achy and Headachy - At the end of day I have just hurt to much to try to sit at computer and read and respond

& BOOK RELATED

I'm reading Still Missing and guys I am not impressed so far.  I started reading expecting this to be a possible favourite  of the year.  So look out for that review, may finish this weekend, I am going to do a discussion on it also, great book for book clubs.  If you read it, leave that as a comment so I can email you about the discussion and then I can come back and read your reviews when i'm done.

Ok so those are my excuses.  I will put a hour in now because I do miss you so, but right now i'm thinking sleep but daughter is sleep, boyfriend on night shift, so this usually would be a huge treat.

I appreciate you, thanks for listening (reading).

9 comments:

  1. Marce, so sorry to hear all this! :( I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way. Lots of HUGS, friend! Feel better pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've got a lot on your plate right now. Take care of yourself - the blog will be here when things settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you'll feel better very soon, Marce. My Mum had dementia - so very hard at times.

    I've just read Still Missing and was seriously unimpressed. :-(

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please take care (about everything!!)

    I've read Still Missing - it actually as better than I expected but I didn't like the ending much... I'll try to participate with the discussion if I remember the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a horrible month for you! Hopefully things will get better for you soon (sounds like last night was a step in the right direction--hee hee)....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon.

    Sorry to hear your Dad has dementia. My dad wasn't very lucid when he passed so I know the toll it takes on a family. (((HUGS)))

    I can't believe you aren't liking Still Missing. Stick with it is all I can say, it does get a lot better! It was my fave read last month.

    Oh and I honored you sort of yesterday; http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/09/bbaw-day-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's sad watching your parents get older. I'm facing that as well. I hope things pick up for you soon.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, I appreciate the comments. I do feel better of course now is the hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, first thing, you made me laugh with the sex info. I was getting all ready to console you and there you go with that juicy tidbit. ;-)

    I hope you are feeling much better now. Ok, there's a hurricane on the horizon, but other than that, I hope you are feeling good. The good (?) thing is all the bad things happen together, so they leave together too and hopefully soon. At least they don't do the slow cancer kill.

    Take rest, take a break when needed, and we're always there if you need a shoulder! ((((((((HUGS))))))))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.