Monday, September 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - The Godmother by Carrie Adams

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MixB of Should Be Reading. Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MixB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!



Just do the following and go here to participate: Teaser Tuesday

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Godmother by Carrie Adams, cover on my sidebar
 
Amazon Blurb


While 30-something Londoner Tessa King questions her no-strings-attached lifestyle, she also witnesses her friends' difficulties in marriage and parenthood while playing godmother to their broods. Nick and Francesca battle to keep their sullen teenager out of serious trouble; Billy, a single mom, can't break ties to her now remarried ex-; Helen and Neil, fairy tale parents to twin boys, are hiding something; successful Claudia and Al struggle to conceive; and Ben and Sasha have no plans to have children. But Ben also happens to be Tessa's best friend, and perhaps the love of her life. When tragedy eventually strikes the group, bonds are tested, and Tessa is forced to re-examine what she thinks will really make her happy. A painful look into the fears, doubts and desires that make and break marriages, this debut novel from Londoner Adams is notches up from the usual chick and mom lit fare.



My Teaser on Kindle at 8%
 
But as I have learned over the years, your friends don't change; you just learn to ignore or embrace the bad bits.
 
How true is that statement.  I am really enjoying this one, sometimes you just get a book that is kind of perfect for what is going on in your life and some of your thoughts and this book is that.
 
I am reading this one for Paula's Authors by the Alphabet Bookclub over at Tome's Devotee.  All that join have the opportunity to choose one of the monthly reads.

Hurricane Update

Thank you for all the best wishes.  All of my family, relatives, friends, colleagues are fine.  No deaths which is wonderful as we lost 3 lives 7 years ago so that was a little anxiety.  I was out of electricity from 4pm until approx 10am.  From 4am for an hour was the scariest, with swirling winds.  Bermuda came together to plan and protect and with many prayers it worked.  Boat damage was the worst.

 
Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce

12 comments:

  1. Hope you like it, Marce. Haven't caught the news today--is the worst of the hurricane over??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things are ok/improving over there.

    About the friends bit - a truer word was never spoken/sorry written!!!! you love them warts and all. Its the same with children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The worst is over, we are just cleaning up now from trees all over the streets, see hurricane addition I added to post, which I meant to do, oops :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear that everything is okay right now -- do keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the worst is over!

    What a teaser! Sounds like a good novel.

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you survived Igor, I haven't been watching TV, so this was all news to me. I need to keep up with the weather reports, and get my nose out of my books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad all is settling down and that you're all ok.

    Great teaser...I have this one on my tbr list - I just love the cover.

    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! I'm glad to hear that everyone is okay and the cleanup has begun. Glad to see you have electricity again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is true, not only for friends but it applies to family as well.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love that teaser!!!! So perfect and true.

    Glad to hear you are safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL
    Amen!

    My teaser this week is super late and therefore more of a Thursday Teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oi vey Marce!! I've been mia and didn't know you were in hurricane territory! Glad you are ok.

    I'm glad you're enjoying it Marce! Love that teaser :)

    Paula
    Tomes Devotee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.