Saturday, September 11, 2010

Review (Thriller) - Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger on Kindle



Book Summary (from the publisher)


Ridley Jones has been living a lie. A mysterious package showed up on her doorstep one morning and the beautiful lie she used to call her life was over. Suddenly, everyone she knows feel like a stranger. She has no idea who's on her side and who has something to hide--even her new lover, Jake, might have disturbing secrets of his own.

Now she's determined to find out the truth, even if it means risking her life.


My Review - 4 Great to the Last Drop

Wow, now this is an edge of your seat thriller.  Exciting from page one, I enjoyed the Epigraph it definitely made me more anxious to read this story.  Beautiful Lies was more like Deadly Beautiful Lies and the main character Ridley put herself at risk with her own naive interpretations.

I loved that this was about family and friends, those that you love and trust the most and then because of 1 small choice made you don't know who to believe and who to turn to or even consider turning yourself in to a mental institute because maybe you are just going crazy.

This book was fascinating, and a really different style to me as Lisa Unger had the main character Ridley talking directly to the reader.  eg.  The way I saw it, there were a couple other biggies.  Tell me if you agree.  First was:  Who the hell is Jake?  I was thrown first, like she is talking to me, lol, but I enjoyed it, it made you feel like she was pulling you in so she didn't feel alone going through this train wreck of lies and was it really lies, hmmmm.

This thriller has action, storyline, great characters, hot romance moments and lies and lots of them.  You will never figure out what the heck is going on.  I haven't decided if I like the idea that everything wasn't answered, seems like reality but I still wanted something answered, this was a small issue.

Lisa Unger is new to me but another author I will be adding to my must read list.  Do you have any recommendations on others I should try?  This one is 79c on Kindle right now if interested.

Julie P (Reading with Restraint) is one of my favourite trusted bloggers, she recommended this one and I am glad she did, go have a read of her review.  Many What are you Reading on Monday's commenter's recommended this one also, so thank you.

I read this one for my Thriller and Suspense Challenge

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce

13 comments:

  1. Great review!! Putting this one on my tbr bucket list.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on reading the follow-up book to this one soon, so I will have to let you know how that one is. Hopefully it lives up the standard set by Beautiful Lies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read one of Lisa Unger's books - Fragile - and I loved it. I'll have to grab this one while it's so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow I'm going right now to get this book! i love, love, love Lisa Unger! I read Fragile (here's my review - http://www.anovelsource.com/2010/08/book-review-fragile-by-lisa-unger.html) and then had an awesome guest post with Lisa Unger. If you get a chance to read Fragile, definitely pick that one up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds absolutely incredible...brilliant review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only 79 cents!? I'm there. I'm not sure what kind of stories you'll like but if you like thrillers you can read mine for free. It's here: http://thesholeskey.blogspot.com/ Great review.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got to start reading some more thrillers! This sounds like a fabulous one... and so exciting! Excellent review, Marce. I'll look out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to read this book (as well as this author in general) for a while... I actually just got this on my nook for $0.79 too, lol! It sounds really good! The second person narrative will probably throw me off though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marce:
    Please stop by my place, I have an award for you.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book has been part of my to read collection (about 150 books that I own, but have not read yet) for awhile now. I have heard from a few people that it is really good. I really should read it soon! Your review has encouraged me to move it up on my list! Thanks for sharing your great review!
    http://lusravesandrants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked this one too. Don't wait to long to read the sequel or you might be confused (like I was!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just read this and now plan to read Sliver of Truth, the sequel. I'll add your link to this review on mine. Here's the link to mine: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2010/11/beautiful-lies-by-lisa-unger.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.