Tuesday, January 24, 2017

My Top Ten Must Read List for 2017



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!



I loved this list last year and read 8 of the 10, 3 ended up on my Favourites of 2016 list, so overall really good. 

This is what I chose after reading your reviews and Top 2016 lists.  What do you think?

I started the year with this one, WOW, talk about a book hangover.






I haven't read Sharon Bolton before but she continues to come up on my recommended list.




























What do you recommend?  I'm excited.


17 comments:

  1. Oh man! That blurb for The Widow sounds good!!! I want to read it now! I've only read one Sharon Bolton book and didn't like it very much but everyone recommends Little Black Lies. City Of The Lost looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Black Lies was one of the 2 I didn't get to. I almost think I may be the minority that doesn't enjoy. I really want to try though.

      Delete
  2. I've read a couple of those books - You and The Life We Bury - and loved both of them. I need to get to Small Great Things soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kathy, read it before everyone does. I do think this is a great one to be part of the discussion, not to stay away from due to the hype.

      Delete
  3. The only one I've read is ALL THE MISSING GIRLS (it's told in an interesting way), but I own 7 more of them - unread as yet. 2017 seems like it will be a good year for reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm interesting way, lol, Kay that is not making me want to read it, you know I am coming over to see if you reviewed it HA. We have similar taste so I wonder if this one will stay on my list.

      Delete
  4. You read 8 out of your top 10 must reads last year? That's awesome. I enjoyed The Widow. It was hard to put that one down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I love making a list from blogging friends top ten, usually I do not go wrong there.

      Delete
  5. I really liked City of the Lost. I have the sequel preordered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, thanks Kaliana, I had a few recommendations for that one in December.

      Delete
  6. You have some really great books on this list but my vote goes to Daisy in Chains! I've loved all the books I've read by Sharon Bolton but this is something else indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleo I actually have you and Melody as the two I took the recommendation from.

      Delete
  7. I've read quite a few of those but there are a few I've missed that I should check out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVED You and All the Missing Girls. I really think you will too. I sure hope you love all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon Bolton's and Kelley Armstrong's books auto-buys for me. I've All The Missing Girls in my TBR pile and I'm waiting for the mood to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You simply must try Sharon Bolton- I'm sure that you will love her! I haven't yet read the two that you listed by her but I really have adored EVERY book that I've read by her so far. She is so good! You have some really great sounding reads here- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.