Sunday, March 18, 2018

ARC Review - Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage



Book Summary from Amazon - Note first 6 chapters are free

Will Publish this July 2018


Meet Hanna.
She’s the sweet-but-silent angel in the adoring eyes of her Daddy. He’s the only person who understands her, and all Hanna wants is to live happily ever after with him. But Mommy stands in her way, and she’ll try any trick she can think of to get rid of her. Ideally for good.
Meet Suzette.
She loves her daughter, really, but after years of expulsions and strained home schooling, her precarious health and sanity are weakening day by day. As Hanna’s tricks become increasingly sophisticated, and Suzette's husband remains blind to the failing family dynamics, Suzette starts to fear that there’s something seriously wrong, and that maybe home isn’t the best place for their baby girl after all.
From blazing new talent Zoje Stage, Baby Teeth is a story about a perfect-looking family, and a darling little girl who wants nothing more than to kill her mother.



My Review 4 1/2 stars

I was thrilled with this one, as a mom, it was remarkable, the fight to understand and connect with your child versus if something is wrong, perhaps mentally.  The chapters go back and fourth from daughter Hanna, who is mute, and her mom Suzette.  Alex and Suzette have a wonderful marriage, a partnership with their work passion, at home and now with their child.  Unfortunately, it is not easy that Suzette struggles to connect with Hanna and Hanna is Alex's little princess, she can do no wrong in his eyes.

Hanna is conniving and it is painful to not like a child and see how bright she is to manipulate others but this makes for an exciting read because you cannot believe what happens as it all unfolds.  This is great mix of books Dibs, In Search of Self and We Need to Talk about Kevin, Dibs was inspiring, Kevin was intense, both memorable and with Baby Teeth, it has all, marriage inspiration on how they deal with it, the intensity of suspense with Hannah's actions and together creates a memorable story and characters. 

Suzette is a stay at home mom with Crohn's disease.  She is a strong women but second guesses her parenting decisions and doesn't know why Hanna doesn't speak.  Then the inevitable happens, Hanna pretends to be a witch and takes on a new evil personality speaking only to her mom to scare her.  She is sweet as pie with daddy though.

But if she repeated the doctor's assessment - that refusing to speak required very different treatment than being unable to speak - then Alex would have to accept that some..most..all of Hannah's willfulness was intentional.  Their daughter was playing with them, in different ways.  Fucking with them.  Manipulation them for her own sadistic purposes.  Kindle 13%

I found the manipulation to be at the highest degree.  It was remarkable to see that Alex didn't see it until it was to late.   You know something is going to happen but you will not believe it when it does and the outcome, that ending made me smile, what a devious mind the author Zoje Stage has. 

Baby Teeth is a boxing match read, mom versus daughter.

She could kill Hanna.
No, she couldn't.
She could.
She'd never.
She might.                  
Kindle 33%

Her thoughts waffled between wanting to help her daughter, and wanting to be free of her.  
Kindle 72%


This story continued to pull me in, I couldn't wait to get in bed to read, or sneak a few chapters at work, I really enjoyed it and highly recommend.

Thank you to NetGalley for this great read.





11 comments:

  1. I love the title and the cover and really want to read this after reading your thoughts. I'm off to see if it's still on netgalley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one just sounds so delightfully disturbing. I can’t wait till get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely disturbing, but it does make me curious. And more than a little creepy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this one recently. I found it crazy creepy. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disturbing and a page turners. Wonder whether still available.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like quite the read - and much stronger than I had anticipated when I first saw you mention it. I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks for sharing; great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intriguing and disturbing. I'll have to add this book to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete
  10. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342        

    ReplyDelete
  11. Imagine becoming vastly wealthy overnight. Being a winner of a multi-million dollar lottery certainly will be a life-changing event for almost every single lottery winner. My name is Mavis Wanczyck from Chicopee, Massachusetts, the famous PowerBall lottery winner of $758 million (£591m) in 2017. I know many people would wonder how I had won the lottery. Would you believe me if i told you that i did it with spell casting? I met this famous spell caster known as Doctor Odunga and he was the one who did it for me. As shocking as it was to me my famous comment to the press was “ I’m going to go and hide in my bed.” Never did I believe that Doctor Odunga actually made me wealthy overnight. If you want to have your chance of winning and becoming very wealthy just like me, contact Doctor Odunga at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP HIM at +2348167159012 and you will be lucky. Thanks for Reading and hope to see you at the top

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.