Monday, December 21, 2015

What are you reading? Happy Holidays




Book Date now hosts I'ts Monday What Are Your Reading?  The meme that we use to share what we read this past week and what our plans are for the upcoming week.  It's a great way to see what others are reading and add to your own Te Be Read List.

Only a little over a week back to blogging and I am so inspired.  I feel like just talking about leaving my book club has released some stress and guilt. 

I'm currently reading.......

I was excited to read this but it is just okay, i'm 50% in



Book Summary

Jules, her sister Joanne, and her brother Andrew all grew up in the same household―but their varying views of and reactions to their experiences growing up have made them all very different people. Now, as adults with children of their own, they are all faced with the question of what to do to help their parents, who insist on maintaining the upscale lifestyle they’re accustomed to despite their mounting debts. A deft exploration of the ever-shifting covenants between parents and children, Things Unsaid is a ferocious tale of family love, dysfunction, and sense of duty over forty years.


I reviewed.......  A Man called Ove




What is next........  I thought maybe a Christmas read but I am feeling a Thriller.




Book Summary

Riley Vasquez is haunted by the brutal murder of the couple she was babysitting for.  Max Cross is suffering under the shadow of a life-altering diagnosis he doesn't dare reveal. 
    
The last thing either of them wants is to spend a weekend away at a therapy camp alongside five other teens with "issues." But that's exactly where they are when three masked men burst in to take the group hostage. 

The building has no windows. The exits are sealed shut. Their phones are gone. And their captors are on a killing spree. 
     
Riley and Max know that if they can't get out, they'll be next--but they're about to discover that even escape doesn't equal freedom.


Happy Holidays, cherish the time with family and friends and smile when remembering those we have lost.



13 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Sorry your current book isn't quite living up to expectations. I hope you enjoy the thriller.

    Thoughtful post about the book group. Glad that you are feeling better after leaving yours. I run two book groups and sometimes reading the books feels like a chore (like being back in school again!). I like the freedom of reading whatever I'm in the mood to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things Unsaid looks like my kind of read. I have A Man Called Ove on my Kindle...must read soon!

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to check out your review of A Man Called Ove. I hear it is really good.

    Have a good week this week, and Merry Christmas.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have The Masked Truth on my TBR pile but have a stack of YA reviews I need to read before I can get to it. I'll be eager to hear what you think. Come see my week here. Happy holidays and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking forward to starting the Kelly Armstrong series for quiet sometime. Maybe in 2016 I will get to those one.
    I'm a new follower.
    http://theresaraymer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eww that bloody hand book cover, speaks of murder and mystery! Things Unsaid sounds good, will wait to read your final verdict!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Things Said picks up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the book gets better. Sounds like my kind of read, unless it is too depressing. The Armstrong book looks good. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished the latest Benjamin Cooker cozy this evening and preceded to plant my bookmark in "The Masked Truth"! Looking forward to it. My current non-fiction book is fascinating: "No Mercy: True Stories of Disaster, Survival and Brutality" It takes a neurological look at the whys and wherefores of common reactions to surviving disasters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like the sound of Things Unsaid - I always like books that reflect real life and it's true that children can react to the same environment in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover of The Masked Truth. I haven't heard of it. I hope it's as good as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a lovely holiday season with plenty of reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.