Friday, August 13, 2010

Authors By The Alphabet Challenge with Tome's Devotee Blog


Want to be part of a Book Club, go here to join with Paula on Tome's Devotee

Details from her blog..........

I've been thinking of starting a book club. With back to school here for mine and just around the corner for others, I figured September would be a good time to do this. The title of the club spells it all out. We'll go through the alphabet of author's last names. If we can't find a last name for the letter (I doubt it) we'll use the first. I'm thinking paranormal romance, urban fantasy, mystery/thriller, and maybe some chick-lit too. Even touching on genres we might not normally even consider, a way to expand our reading horizons maybe? What do you think? This will be ongoing, each month one book being chosen since so many of us belong to challenges and other book clubs as well. We'll meet back here to post our answers to the ?'s given and hopefully we can get some good discussion or even debate going!


Who'd like to join? I'll have a button posted on the side bar to grab to match the picture here, come have some fun reading : ) Dare I be so bold as to set up Mr. Linky at the bottom for all who want to sign on? What the hey, if I'm gonna do this might as well go all out, so sign Mr. Linky and leave a comment too!

*ADDENDUM* - I'll post 3 books on the 28th or 9th of August and we can choose from 1 of those so we're sure that we pick a book that hasn't been read by anyone joining. From there on, we can have 1 member post a book choice a week or 2 before the new month so that we're prepared for the next months selection.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea but I think I may pass right now. With my current book club and review schedule I'm trying not to overbook!

    Sounds like fun though. It's a great way to read new authors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.