Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - The Sculptor

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MixB of Should Be Reading. Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MixB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!





Just do the following and go here to participate: Teaser Tuesday

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Review from last weeks Teaser - Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

My Teaser is from The Sculptor by Gregory Funaro

On Kindle at 30%

But how do you tell a mother her son has been sawed in half?  How do you tell a mother her child has been given a pair of goat's legs and been stuffed to look like a devil?

I am really enjoying this thriller, I love a good serial killer book, if you have recommendations, please leave them in comments.

Summary from Amazon

Killing Is An Art

In life, they were flawed. In death, they are perfect works of art--killed, preserved, and carefully molded into replicas of Michelangelo's most celebrated creations. Only The Sculptor can bring forth their true beauty and teach the world to appreciate his gift.

He Is The Master
FBI Special Agent Sam Markham has a reputation for tracking serial killers, but this artful adversary is meticulous, disciplined, and more ruthless than any he's encountered. The only clue is a note dedicating the latest "statue" to Cathy Hildebrant, an art historian who shares Sam's fear that the killing has just begun.
And She Is The Perfect Subject
In a quiet Rhode Island town, The Sculptor shapes his latest macabre creation, waiting for Cathy to draw nearer so that his message can be understood at last. And the only way to save her is for Sam to unlock a psychopath's twisted mind before his final, terrifying masterpiece is revealed. . .

 
I look forward to reading your Teaser.
 
Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce

19 comments:

  1. That sounds like a creepy and yet funny book to read. That almost felt sick to write that down... lol... great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and a great scary book I read was Afraid by Jack Kilborn. Whoa, scared the pants right off me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My god!That is is so gross!And INTERESTING!That serial killer is really a big psychopath.Great teaser.I nearly spill my coffee reading it.LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This teaser sounds absolutely creepy--I love it! I am going to check out this author on Goodreads....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that might be just a little to weird for me. Yikes!

    HERE is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Marce, you are not kidding!!! This baby is going right onto my wishlist now!! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Paula
    Tomes Devotee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome teaser! Sounds like a great book. I'm going to check it out!!!

    Here's mine:
    http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday8.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh very interesting. Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is certainly an interesting teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must run out and get this book- sounds like my kind a read scary & funny. Great Teaser!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this teaser, Marce!!! I started this a while back and had to put it down to get some review books read for tours. I really need to pick it back up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this one sitting on a shelf, and was gonna put it off until later in the year, but I might have to start it right now! Wonderful teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! That is quite the teaser! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Sculptor teaser is awesome! Erica Spindler writes great thrillers, my favourite of hers is See Jane Die, but I've enjoyed all that I've read. Karen Rose is great for romantic thrillers, and Tess Gerritsen for medical thrillers - her rizzoli/isles series is really good, that starts with The Surgeon. Dean Koontz also writes some good thrillers too :) Hope the recommendations are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...cruel...But I really want to read that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.