Thursday, August 12, 2010

So excited, dropping everything to start Guardian of the Gate immediately

I have been on pins and needles since I got the email to say my preorder had been released and tonight I came home and YAAAAAAY its here.  I have never been reading something and put it down for another but this is how excited I am.

Aren't the Covers Gorgeous.....




Summary: (from Goodreads)


The ultimate battle between sisters is nearing, and its outcome could have catastrophic consequences. As sixteen year-old Lia Milthorpe searches for a way to end the prophecy, her twin sister Alice hones the skills she'll need to defeat Lia. Alice will stop at nothing to reclaim her sister's role in the prophecy, and that's not the only thing she wants: There's also Lia's boyfriend James.

Lia and Alice always knew the Prophecy would turn those closest to them against them. But they didn't know what betrayal could lead them to do. In the end, only one sister will be left standing.



My Review of The Prophecy of the Sisters

I am a part of the Book Tour (http://internationalbooktours.blogspot.com/) for Prophecy Sisters. I enjoyed this book so much I am sad that I have to pass it on, I will buy this one for my collection. (I did)  :-)

Prophecy Sisters reminded me of the show Charmed which I am a huge fan plus thriller and suspense is my favourite genre to read, so you guessed it I loved this story. The research of a prophecy, sibling rivalry, family history with drama and a love romance that was a secret to all….

Prophecy Sisters is a dark mystery, every chapter gave you a little more to the prophecy you are trying to figure out along with the Lia. The more she digs, researches the more the story captures you. The story is told from Lia’s point of view.

I want to share this passage with you, it is not a spoiler for the book. I had it bookmarked and constantly went back to it while reading. This definitely is a book to buy not to read on an ereader. Found in an old book and Lia’s boyfriend translated it for her.



Through fire and harmony mankind endured

Until the sending of

the Guards

Who took as wives and lovers the woman of

man,

Engendering His wrath.

Two sisters, formed in the same swaying

ocean,

One Guardian, One the Gate.

One keeper of peace,

The other

batering sorcery for devotion.

Cast from the heavens, the Souls were

Lost

As the Sisters continue the battle

Until the Gates summon

forth their return,

Or the Angel brings the Keys to the Abyss.

The

Army, marching forth through the Gates.

Samael, the Beast, through the

Angel.

The Angel, guarded only by the gossamer veil of protection.

Four

Marks, Four Keys, Circle of Fire

Birthed in the first breath of Samhain

In

the shadow of the Mystic Stone Serpent of Aubur.

Let the Angel's Gate swing

without the Keys

Followed by the Seven Plagues and No

Return.

Death

Famine

Blood

Fire

Darkness

Drought

Ruin

Open

your arms, Mistress of Chaos, that the havoc of the Beast will flow

like a

river

For all is lost when the Seven Plagues begin.


If this passage intrigues you at all, I recommend you pick this one up and enjoy the mysterious journey.

The two concerns I had that was odd to me was that it was set around the 1800’s, it felt modern to me and every time the period was mentioned I kind of raised my eyebrows but this wasn’t a big deal to me but it may be to others. Also, as much as I enjoyed all of the characters, Michelle Zink did a great job with them.

There was a major event that happened near the end and all except Lia didn’t seemed affected, it was just weird.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time reading this one. Sometimes I found myself daydreaming after a chapter and trying to think ahead, twice I even said ‘I knew it”.

I gave it 4 ½ Great to the last drop.

Ok off to start Guardian of the Gate
 
 
Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce

5 comments:

  1. I hope it lives up to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Guardian of the Gate last week. I look forward to hearing what you think of it. I thought it was very different from the first book and I can't wait for the next in the series. I agree with you about Prophecy of the Sisters and the event at the end that you referred to. It did seem odd. This series reminds me of Libba Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prophecy of the Sisters has been on my list for a while but I still haven't read it. And now the sequel is out! I better get started! I hope you enjoy Guardian of the Gate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.