Saturday, August 21, 2010

Review - Guardian of the Gate



Summary: (from Goodreads)

The ultimate battle between sisters is nearing, and its outcome could have catastrophic consequences. As sixteen year-old Lia Milthorpe searches for a way to end the prophecy, her twin sister Alice hones the skills she'll need to defeat Lia. Alice will stop at nothing to reclaim her sister's role in the prophecy, and that's not the only thing she wants: There's also Lia's boyfriend James.

Lia and Alice always knew the Prophecy would turn those closest to them against them. But they didn't know what betrayal could lead them to do. In the end, only one sister will be left standing.

My Review

I loved Prophecy of the Sisters and was on pins and needles waiting for this one.  The few issues I had with Prophecy, Guardian of the Gate answered quickly so I was extremely pleased with Michelle Zink. (Thank you MichelleZ)

Michelle Zink has became one of my new favourite authors and I will read everything she writes.  She takes me on a visual journey through her artistic writing.  I feel like I am watching a movie while reading, everything feels so real, this is the ultimate reading escape.

Now about Guardian of the Gate, hmmm, because I love her writing and the characters I enjoyed it but it was quite different from Prophecy of the Sisters.  This one didn't have me on the edge of my seat waiting for new discoveries.  I enjoyed seeing Lia mature so much from the responsibility but still there were times they reminded us she was only 16, which was a good thing.  Oh and the love interest, can I just say I can't wait for James and Dimitri to meet, ooh la la, that is going to be dramaful greatness.

Overall I did enjoy Guardian of the Gate but I look forward to the next in the Trilogy as now it will be about the interpretation of the next part of the Prophecy and how they get to the end.

I give this one a 4 because the writing is amazing, in my opinion, and it is the 2nd book in the series.  If it was a stand alone I would have gave it 3 1/2 stars.  You must read this in order.

Have any of you read it yet please share your review.

My Review of Prophecy of the Sisters


Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce




 

7 comments:

  1. Great review. This is a new author for me and I am adding her to my list of must haves. :)

    Thanks for the heads up.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've got to give this series a try! Everyone keeps saying how great the books are. Wonderful review, Marce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you liked this one so much. I had Prophecy of the Sisters checked out from the library but didn't get to it in time. Looks like I should check it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been drawn to Prophecy of the Sisters ever since I saw its fabulous cover, but haven't read it yet. I'm glad to see the series is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Okay, so not better than the first, but still very good! I'am ordering next month! ;) I decided I cannot wait any longer! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try Ms. Zink. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. I haven't read this and glad to know I should read them in order. I am a new follower off the hop and hope you will come by -- check out my blog: Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.