Thursday, August 19, 2010

Booking Through Thursday - Responses to Reading Questions


This is a fun one in order to get to know each other better BUT 55 is way to many, I will answer what I feel like and I do not use library's so those are out.



1. Favorite childhood book?


Corduroy - The Little Bear loses his button story

2. What are you reading right now?

Almost done with Guardian of the Gate


4. Bad book habit?

Buying to many books.  I am a mood reader so I buy to my mood and then when I am finished a book 80% of the time the book I bought is no longer the choice.

6. Do you have an e-reader?

I own a Kindle, here are my posts on them if interested.

I confess... Love my Kindle more than books 
&
Kindle Product Review
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?

One at a time and I read approx 1 book a week with my busy life, possibly 2.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?

My reading habits are less time reading more time blogging :-0 but I love it because I add new books to my Wishlist all the time and I had no idea about all the fabulous books before.

9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)

This may shock many but Uglies by Scott Westerfield.  It was my first try at Dystopian Genre and it is just not for me at all.  He is a great writer the genre is the issue.

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?

The Manufactured Identity by Heath Sommer - My Review
(Psychological Suspense)

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?

Never before blogging but I have tried memoirs now and I would say I would try 4 books a year out of my comfort zone.

12. What is your reading comfort zone?

Suspense, Thriller, Mystery hands down

13. Can you read on the bus?

Yes but I am never on a bus.

14. Favorite place to read?

In my bed when no one is around to distract me.

15. What is your policy on book lending?

NO DOG EAR'S, funny that this is next question, it is a pet peeve.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?

Never

20. What makes you love a book?

Believable characters and when a book makes me emotional - angry, shocked, sad, inquisitive....

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?

It depends on the story and who I am recommending to.  I would recommend Still Alice by Lisa Genova to everyone.

22. Favorite genre?

Suspense

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)

If I wished I did I would.........

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?

Out of my Mind review

28. Favorite reading snack?

Earl Grey Tea

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.

I take longer to read them.  eg. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Hunger Games, I still haven't read these.  I am sure I will the Girl but still deciding about HGames.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?

I listen to blogging friends, they are the critics I am concerned with.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?

It is my opinion as a reader, I am not a professional or try to come across as one so I give my review but I feel I say why and usually I will say I cannot recommend this one but the average rating is *.........

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?

Portuguese

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?

I get intimidated by Chunkster's and I can't think of an answer.
35. Favorite Poet?

Don't have a favourite but I do enjoy Poetry.  Lisa Schroeder is an amazing Verse Novel Author, if that counts.

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.

Time Traveler's Wife, I really tried.

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?

My 3 year old daughter

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?

The Notebook hands down

45. Most disappointing film adaptation?

My Sisters Keeper

46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?

$140 but this included books for myself and Christmas presents.

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?

Not often

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?

Being confused or it is just boring, if I feel tortured to cont' I stop.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?

A little - All Mary Higgins Clark are together, TBR together and read that I loved together.  I donate others.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?

see above

51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?

The books that have to most hype.  Hunger Games, Book Thief and Dragon Tattoo.  I even included them on a challenge this year and I have 4 months left, I'm not to sure about them being completed.

52. Name a book that made you angry.

Angry in a good way - Ace of Hearts by Jean Holloway My Review
          (Thriller, Suspense)
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?

This is hard to answer, I wouldn't read anything that I didn't expect to enjoy.  The Verse Novels intrigued me this year and I am enjoying those more than expected I guess.

54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?

Shutter Island

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?

I consider Verse Novels my new simple pleasure.


Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce

18 comments:

  1. Ooo I adored Uglies.
    You reallly should try Hunger Games. It's well worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Corduroy, too, but I didn't read it as a child. And I never was able to finish Time Traveler's Wife, either - maybe one of these days I'll give it another try.

    No. 23 - Yes! If there was a genre I wished to read, why wouldn't I just read it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 3 year old daughter would be a wonderful distraction while you're reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you really need to read The Book Thief, Marce. I don't think it's all hype at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy novels in verse as well. They're satisfying in a strange, simple way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right...we are very much alike except for a 3 yr old. My boys are 26 and 24. And yes, I sometimes do more blogging than reading. Thanks for sharing.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot about Uglies...I have it and Pretties on my Kindle and I have only read about 1/4 or Uglies...I can't get into it AT ALL. There is something about it that I just can't seem to get past so I keep putting it down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corduroy! I used to LOVE that book! Even before I could read, I memorized the words and "read" to myself. What a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been enjoying reading everyones comments today on the meme. Quite interesting how everyone responses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know... if you're not into dystopian fiction (ie Uglies), then I'm sure you'll love The Hunger Games. I think it's a fantastic book and I've recommended it to literally everyone.

    I'd say you should give it a shot... but I'd be worried with your Uglies experience. Same thing with Forest of Hands and Teeth. I've recommended it a lot, but it's another dystopian fic book.

    And I used to love Corduroy, too! I had forgotten about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting enough that is exactly why I haven't read Hunger Games, Forest of Hands and Teeth and MazeRunner, they all sound fantastic but Uglies was just not for me but I can appreciate why many loved it.

    From today's BTT I was inspired to order Corduroy for my 3 year old, can't wait to get it.

    Thanks for all the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Corduroy as a kid! I first read dystopian in high school so my love of it was developed early. I really loved Uglies but I haven't gotten around to reading the others. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should really read Hunger Games. But wait till the last one is out next week so you can read it from start to finish. The waiting is driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too was not happy how My Sisters Keeper came out, the book was great, the movie not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hunger Games, Forest of Hands and Teeth and Maze Runner - Hunger Games, hands down. 2nd is Maze Runner, I like it fine, but nowhere nearly as much as the Hunger Games.

    Hunger Games, Dragon Tattoo, Book Thief - Hunger Games again. Dragon is good but not as good as I thought it'd be given all the hype - memorable characters but plot is just okay. Book Thief - not a book I'd typically pick. Thought it was okay. Can take it or leave it.

    Uglies - I like it fine, but again, nowhere near as good as the Hunger Games.

    Now, you'll probably end up hating the Hunger Games because of high expectations lol :) But it definitely is a pleasant surprise for me, especially since I had the book for over a year and never even bothered to read page 1 until this year, and I kept asking myself why i didn't read it sooner? Tho the good thing is book 2 was already out by then :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also buy too many books. Thanks for commenting on my blog! -- Beastmomma

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many of our answers were the same! haha. I hated that they changed the ending in My Sister's Keeper, I don't understand why they didn't just keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I share your same book buying habit. And my distraction is often a five year old little girl. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.