Thursday, August 19, 2010
Booking Through Thursday - Responses to Reading Questions
This is a fun one in order to get to know each other better BUT 55 is way to many, I will answer what I feel like and I do not use library's so those are out.
1. Favorite childhood book?
Corduroy - The Little Bear loses his button story
2. What are you reading right now?
Almost done with Guardian of the Gate
4. Bad book habit?
Buying to many books. I am a mood reader so I buy to my mood and then when I am finished a book 80% of the time the book I bought is no longer the choice.
6. Do you have an e-reader?
I own a Kindle, here are my posts on them if interested.
I confess... Love my Kindle more than books
Kindle Product Review
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
One at a time and I read approx 1 book a week with my busy life, possibly 2.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
My reading habits are less time reading more time blogging :-0 but I love it because I add new books to my Wishlist all the time and I had no idea about all the fabulous books before.
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
This may shock many but Uglies by Scott Westerfield. It was my first try at Dystopian Genre and it is just not for me at all. He is a great writer the genre is the issue.
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
The Manufactured Identity by Heath Sommer - My Review
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Never before blogging but I have tried memoirs now and I would say I would try 4 books a year out of my comfort zone.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Suspense, Thriller, Mystery hands down
13. Can you read on the bus?
Yes but I am never on a bus.
14. Favorite place to read?
In my bed when no one is around to distract me.
15. What is your policy on book lending?
NO DOG EAR'S, funny that this is next question, it is a pet peeve.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
20. What makes you love a book?
Believable characters and when a book makes me emotional - angry, shocked, sad, inquisitive....
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
It depends on the story and who I am recommending to. I would recommend Still Alice by Lisa Genova to everyone.
22. Favorite genre?
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
If I wished I did I would.........
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
Out of my Mind review
28. Favorite reading snack?
Earl Grey Tea
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
I take longer to read them. eg. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Hunger Games, I still haven't read these. I am sure I will the Girl but still deciding about HGames.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I listen to blogging friends, they are the critics I am concerned with.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
It is my opinion as a reader, I am not a professional or try to come across as one so I give my review but I feel I say why and usually I will say I cannot recommend this one but the average rating is *.........
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
I get intimidated by Chunkster's and I can't think of an answer.
35. Favorite Poet?
Don't have a favourite but I do enjoy Poetry. Lisa Schroeder is an amazing Verse Novel Author, if that counts.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Time Traveler's Wife, I really tried.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
My 3 year old daughter
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
The Notebook hands down
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
My Sisters Keeper
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
$140 but this included books for myself and Christmas presents.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
Being confused or it is just boring, if I feel tortured to cont' I stop.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
A little - All Mary Higgins Clark are together, TBR together and read that I loved together. I donate others.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
The books that have to most hype. Hunger Games, Book Thief and Dragon Tattoo. I even included them on a challenge this year and I have 4 months left, I'm not to sure about them being completed.
52. Name a book that made you angry.
Angry in a good way - Ace of Hearts by Jean Holloway My Review
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
This is hard to answer, I wouldn't read anything that I didn't expect to enjoy. The Verse Novels intrigued me this year and I am enjoying those more than expected I guess.
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
I consider Verse Novels my new simple pleasure.
Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce