Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - Hunger Games and Guardian of the Gate

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MixB of Should Be Reading. Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MixB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following and go here to participate: Teaser Tuesday

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Hunger Games - yes I jumped on the hype wagon and I'm impressed so far.

On Kindle at 33%

You see an elderly person, you want to congratulate them on their longevity, ask the secret of survival.  A plump person is envied because they aren't scraping by like the majority of us.  But here it is different.

&

Guardian of the Gate - click on the cover on my sidebar to read my review

pg. 209

"We come from different places, Lia, and in many ways, different times as well.  But now, here, I want you to know that I honor the laws of your place and time."


Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce

16 comments:

  1. Thinking that "here" is a heavenly place.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I love this book. I do hope you're enjoying it so far.

    Here is my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teasers! I'm glad you're liking The Hunger Games. I still have to read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the Kindle doesn't tell page numbers? I don't recall it telling percents either though...how do you tell?

    ReplyDelete
  5. almYbNeNr - at the bottom the % is on the left, it doesn't give page numbers. I think it is because you can change the size of text and then the pages won't be the same for everyone and definitely not the same as books. I thought I would hate this but I am used to it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I love this series and I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying to clear my day to read Mockingjay today! Wanted to re-read Hunger Games and Catching Fire first, but it is not gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are both great teasers! I haven't decided yet about Hunger Games - it's not my usual kind of read, but since everyone else seems to be reading it, I'll probably give it a try one of these days.

    Here’s my teaser from Remarkable Creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both sound amazing!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teasers...that second one I find especially intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of The Hunger Games--missing out on the hype, I guess. But I am now intrigued.

    My teaser is here: http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday-hunger-games-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wait! That's YOUR link! My teaser is here:

    http://teabagsinfusion.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday-august-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just ran to Indigo and got Mockingjay today! Have Hunger Games and Catching Fire on the shelf. Will get to read all 3 back to back... wish me luck. Love the cover for Guardian of the Gate.
    Great choice of teasers! You brave woman reading 2 at once. I'm so dysfunctional at multireading that I can only do 1 at a time.
    Enjoy and can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Hunger Game :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. For some reason this just doesn't sound like my cup of tea. I will have to think about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE Hunger Games!! Mockingjay should be waiting for me when I get home tonight! I really like that second teaser. Sounds eloquent and romantic. I'm going to have to check that book out. My teaser is from Tyger Tyger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.