Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - Horns by Joe Hill


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MixB of Should Be Reading. Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MixB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!
 
Just do the following and go here to participate: http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser is from Horns by Joe Hill

On Kindle at 43%

But then there was that secondary shadow image, dark and featureless, which kept twitching in and out of existence.  This second version of himself was without horns - an image not of who he was but of who he had been.  It was like watching his own soul trying to pry itself free from the demon to which it was anchored.


I look forward to reading your teaser. 

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce

17 comments:

  1. This is on my summer reading list. Really looking forwards to it - I've heard so many good things!

    http://libertyfallsdown.wordpress.com/2010/06/29/teaser-tuesday-trucking-hell/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that sounds really wicked! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: http://harrischanningauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been really wanting to read something by Joe Hill, but haven't gotten to it yet. This sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, that sounds like my kind of book! My teaser is from Knightley Academy by Violet Haberdasher. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooooo exciting!

    Pass by my Teaser Tuesday :) if you get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! It sounds to scary for me. I hope you enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all have had inner demons... great teaser!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard Joe Hill is great for scary books but I haven't tried any.Great Teaser. Here's mine for The Quickening

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes. Is this scary? I have his book Heart Shaped Box but haven't read it yet.
    Good teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the responses - It is NOT scary friends, guess I know what is needed for my review. Should be up before the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a scary teaser!!
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  12. It does sound a little spooky. I've heard lots of good things about this one. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser. I am excited to see your review.

    BTW, I have started the book!! So far so good. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's really spooky, I love the language. It almost reminded me a little bit of Dorian Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser! I hope you will check out mine for Stephanie Meyer's latest novel The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner! Also, if you check back on my blog this Friday I have huge news about the novels I had been submitting to agents/publishers!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh great teaser! I really want to read his books sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa - if that isn't a teaser I don't know what it! Very, very interesting. Hope you're liking the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.