Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - Caught by Harlan Coben


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
Caught by Harlan Coben
Published Date - March 2010
Summary
Wendy is a reporter on a mission: She's chasing down the lowest of the low-sexual predators-and exposing them on national television. Her big break comes when she nails a child advocate who works with abused and underserved children. She's there, cameras rolling, when the cops cuff him and the guy realizes his life is well and truly over. Three months later, the perp is off the grid, missing and presumed dead after the father of a victim claims to have killed him. Wendy, proud to have taken the man down in front of a shocked television audience, has moved on to the story of a missing girl, Erin, in a nearby suburb. The whole country is obsessed with finding this child, and Wendy should be well on her way to journalistic superstardom. Then is all comes unhinged: Wendy gets a phone call that changes everything. A group of local fathers, out of work and not above vigilante justice, begins to take matters into their own hands on Erin's behalf. Secrets long-buried rise to the surface and Wendy begins to wonder if her assumptions that fateful night three months ago were based on solid investigative journalism-or if she has unwittingly been part of a grand manipulation aiming to destroy and innocent man.
Please leave a comment and participate over on Jill's Blog - Breaking the Spine

3 comments:

  1. Wow, intense! I have never read a Harlan Coben novel, believe it or not. This sounds like a really good one to start with....I'm adding it to my list. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read every Coben book - even met him a few years ago. Can't wait to get Caught ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.