Saturday, October 8, 2011

Review - Fifty Shades Darker by EL James





Summary from The Writers Coffee Shop Publishing House (TWCS)
Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.
While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.




My Review - 4 1/2 Great to the last Drop

EL James has a way with creating tension that is out of this world. If you do not want spoilers in any way, please go read my review of Fifty Shades of Grey, my favourite read of the year so far.  I highly recommend this trilogy, love it, you must read in order. It is categorized as Erotica but truly it is so much more, Suspense, Mystery, Romance and definitely Thrilling, oh and did I say hot!

I am in love with Christian and Ana, they were totally made for each other. And Christian truly can knock the panties right off you. This is the perfect book proving there is the perfect person for everyone even when one is damaged and another innocent. The battle of these two getting to know each other, fighting on what to give and not give, outside relationship pressures and just the unknown is executed brilliantly. I am extremely satisfied and cannot wait until the next one now.  This book gives you the glowing experience of an amazing make out sex session.  You are so fulfilled and can't wait for the next time.

Ana calls Christian her Fifty Shades and this book really goes into the darker side of Christians past, who he is and why. I really love when an author gives background, deep down in their souls. Christian has nightmares and thinks he has chosen the perfect lifestyle to release but realizes Ana is his lifeline and they will create the perfect lifestyle for them, the true essence of a honest loving relationship.

I find the email messages in this book to be so refreshing, so real, definitely a unique style that I look forward to EL keeping.

There was a moment in the book that totally ripped my heart out, I was breathless and a tear rolled down my face. A serious, what the hell, no way, omg moment. I had considered it happening but let me tell you, this was executed to perfection. The whole chapter I felt like I was going to pass out.  For those that have read it, the switch scene, hope that is a hint.

Another moment, the confrontation near the end of the book, total drama but I was in Ana’s corner. She may look like she can’t handle Christian but she knows what her man truly needs and gets her point across with some motherly help. Stunning…….

The music and Ana’s inner Goddess still play a huge part which I continued to love. Her inner Goddess showed her excitement by dancing, pirouetting around, etc, loved that.

We were left with a cliffhanger in Fifty Shades of Grey that made me feel like an addict; I want and need more now. Well this one isn’t a cliffhanger but totally sets us up for the next. More hot drama, I look forward to it.

The covers of these books are so dreamy and mysterious but totally meaningful.

If you can handle some detailed sizzling sex scenes I totally recommend these books. The BDSM lifestyle is so classy it will not offend you, I’m sure it will peak your interest, (wink wink)


There is a Book Tour going on this week with GIVEAWAYS, definitely go have a look and enter.

4 comments:

  1. I just purchased 50 Shades of Grey yesterday. I've heard nothing but great things about it. I didn't read your review but saw that you rated it a 5. Awesome! I may have to push aside a couple of review books and read this book pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds wonderful! I am going to ahve to read this trilogy. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello...i just popped it off of google trying to find the spoilers to the second and third books. i prefer to be honest. i think this book is poorly written. yes, there is the sensual component and no...i do not have a prudish attitude to the subject content. i just got very bored with the same description of the characters..over and over again. i understand the romantic aspect as well. the trilogy i could never do but instead of these may i suggest anne rice (writing as a.n. roquelaure.) i am sure you are familiar with her vampire series so a slide into erotica she does with ease in the sleeping beauty trilogy. the writing is much better, the scenes may be too intense for some if you are on the prudish side but much better if you like the shades of grey books. beauty is a stronger character but by no means is she able to escape her situation in any simpy manner. "the claiming of sleeping beauty" is the first, beauty's punishment and beauty's release follow. i do not want to disagree outright but offer an alternative or addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the love story of Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey. Christian is such a complex character. You love him and hate him at the same time and it's really confusing. He's the ultimate alpha male, bad boy with a very dark and disturbing desire to inflict pain. He literally gets off on it. He meets and falls for Anastasia. When they meet she is an innocent college student and happens to still be a virgin. This is their love story and its deeply disturbing. Our boy Christian has some serious demons and its making Ana think long and hard about their relationship. This is not your typical boy meets girl let's date and fall in love romance. He wants to dominate her and he wants her submissive. He comes up with a contract that he wants her to sign. She's torn between her love for him and her fear of him. She wants to know why he is so Fifty Shades of "f'd" up. She wants to get to the bottom of what happened in his past to make him need this type of relationship and why he hates to be touched. He introduces her to the "dark side" of his sexual habits and in his desire to keep her and make her happy, tries for the "vanilla relationship" she desires. Will Ana embrace Christian's dark side or will it be more than she can handle? The way he makes love to her is so erotic, steamy, sexy and scary all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.