Friday, October 28, 2011

Review - Resuscitation by D.M. Annechino



Book Summary


In his heart-stopping new thriller, RESUSCITATION, Daniel Annechino explores one doctor’s quest for fame and recognition at the expense of his patients.

What would drive a doctor to violate his Hippocratic oath to abstain from doing harm,and find perverse pleasure in doing so?

It is a chilling question, one that author Daniel Annechino explores in heart-stopping detail in RESUSCITATION(A Thomas &Mercer original trade paperback,$14.95; digital $9.99; October 11, 2011), a fast-paced thriller that pits a cunning killer against a single-minded cop.


My Review - 4 1/2 Great to the Last Drop

One of the scary things in life for me are dealing with Physicians with a God complex.  In Resuscitation you are dealing with a Physician with overall motivation to receive power and recognition.  I love how different serial killers are, amazing on their thoughts, unbelievable.

When victims asked why - he said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".  The Doctor truly believed his clinical research was going to make him rich and well known in the medical world.  How desperate can you get to decide to kidnap and perform surgical experiments on people, knowing they will die.  He is gentle, concerned and violent all at the same time.  I enjoyed the style of hearing the serial killers thoughts, that was executed well and bought some of the stories together.  And the way he chose his victims, I found that chase interesting.

I loved following the case and tryin to figure out how they will catch him.  Obnoxious, arrogant and foolish is what caught him out at the end. 

Heart stopping, edge of your seat thriller.  I couldn't stop reading, every second I had free I had to read a little more.  Resuscitation had the perfect balance of story lines and characters.  A medical thriller with a touch of romance, sexual abuse, therapy, good cop vs bad cop and at home heart surgeries.

DM Annechino has created his own medical thriller that Tess Gerritsen fans will love.

Thank you to Elena Stokes at Wunderkind PR for sending me the book.  I have read for the A-Z Author Mystery Challenge Michelle is hosting over red headed book child.  I originally had They Never Die Quietly on my list, his debut, have you read that one?
 
This is to also end my reviews for the RIP Challenge, creepy in its own way for sure.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear this one got you out of the reading slump! Sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read many medical thrillers, I think because the God complex thing annoys me.
    Your comment on my cozy read today made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't great to read a book that good when you have been in a slump? It sounds pretty intense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great review, this is a must read book for me, thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.