Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following and go here to participate: Teaser Tuesday

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week I am featuring my all time favourite movie ever - Silence of the Lambs.  Can you believe this is my first time reading it :-)

If you haven't read or watched the movie, I totally recommend reading it first.  I am enjoying it but honestly how can it live up to the movie, I LOVE IT and I am not one to watch movies more than once but I have lost count with this one.  I am half way through and I still get the excited can't wait till the next part, ok ok, this is suppose to be a teaser not a lead into my review right......



And because I am so excited I am giving you Two for Tuesday's.........

1st Teaser on Kindle at 12% - you will love this liner, lol

Crawford began to underline.  "If you assume when I send you on a job, Starling, you can make an ass out of u and me both"  He leaned back, pleased.

2nd Teaser on Kindle at 43% - greatness this is

Sometimes she could think: she knew she was kidnapped, but she didn't know by whom.  She knew she wasn't dreaming; in the absolute dark she could hear the tiny clicks her eyes made when she blinked.

I am so excited to share these teasers with you, can you tell how excited I am......  I am taking my time with this one because I want to embrace all of it, every word and have my visuals from the movie.



Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I look forward to your teaser.

26 comments:

  1. I have not read this either, I don't think? It was one of my favorite movies as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly liked this book and spooky books are not my usual thing. This one is very, very good! My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-outside-the-ordinary-world.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't had a chance to see the whole movie yet, or read the book, but I have the prequel (Red Dragon) on my shelf =)
    really interesting teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...this is one book I will not read, one movie I will not watch. Not. My. Thing. *Shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the teaser 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the movie (even though it creeped me out a little) but haven't thought to read the book. THanks for the teasers, I'm going to see if my library has it :)
    You can find my teaser here

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eyes do that clicking thing sometimes!

    My teaser comes from Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm like you with the movie seen it so many times and never read the book

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Heather...this is one book I will not read...one movie I will not watch... Not. My. Thing. "Shudder." I couldn't have said it any better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teasers. I just rewatched all these movies a few months ago. I've never read the books though. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the movie!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep forgetting this is a book. The movie certainly scared me enough, I'm sure the book would even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting teasers...but I won't be reading it. Can't take this kind of book. Just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo too scary for me but great teasers :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. I'm too big of a chicken to read this, but those are very intriguing teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Silence of the Lambs is one of my favorite movies of all time - I really need to get this book. I was so disappointed when I read "Hannibal" though, that I wanted to avoid that same disappointment reading this one. Glad to see that you're enjoying it!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  17. The movie is a favorite. I think I should check into grabbing this book.
    *snaps fingers*

    Butler. Add Silence of the Lambs to my TBR list. Good boy. Now off with you.

    Stop by and check out my teaser and if you have time hit my New All Hallows Eve Tradition Post and let me know what you think would be a great scary book to give away for Halloween.

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never read the book, but the movie was great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good teasers! I'm not a horror fan, but I have read this one and seen the movie, it was definitely a memorable one! Thanks for dropping by my teaser today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Silence of the Lambs was always one of those movies that freaked me out when I was a kid, but that I loved nonetheless. I've never read the book, but that second teaser makes me realize that I should. Soon.

    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love silence of the lamb...those are great teasers you've chosen from the book

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, THE book I can't get Sir Anthony's voice outta my head...

    Hope all's well :)

    Paula
    Tomes Devotee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.