Monday, November 29, 2010

Winner - The Perfect Love Song


Congratulations to Karen

I have emailed you and there is only a few hours left to respond.  Due to the Holiday's I was happy to extend to Monday at midnight.

Here is my review again.


Book Summary from the author's website - Patti Callahan Henry

In The Perfect Love Song, Callahan Henry tells the story of Jimmy Sullivan, who has been living on the road with his brother, Jack, and their band The Unknown Souls. The road is Jimmy’s only home and music his only savior until he falls in love with a beautiful girl, Charlotte Carrington. Spending time with Charlotte inspires Jimmy to write a love song for her, which becomes an overnight sensation and is dubbed “The Perfect Love Song.”

As Jimmy finds himself caught up in the desire for fame and fortune, the genuine lyrics of the song are overshadowed by his career ambitions. He begins to lose touch with Charlotte and makes a decision to miss his brother’s wedding in Ireland for a chance to put on a show in New York City.

But on Christmas Eve Jimmy comes to a crossroads: Will he finally get the chance to perform on one of the biggest stages of his career?—or will he find his way back to his family, to Ireland…and to the love of his life, Charlotte?

My Review - 3 More Sugar Please
 
I will start with my favourite part of the book.  Every chapter started with a quote, all special in there own way, here is one I enjoyed and think represents the book perfectly.
 
Your story, your life, and your journey
all involve what came before you and
what comes after - all hints of who you are.
 
I found this book to be about an emotional issue but it was to light so I wasn't touched by the overall story.  I enjoyed the journey that Jimmy had to go through but it still feels unbelievable to me.  You may say well that is the point, it is a Holiday Story, a time for miracles but there was just 1 to many 'consequences'.  And overall I didn't feel like it was the Holiday's, specifically Christmas time.
 
I also didn't enjoy the it is The Perfect Love Song vs it is The Perfect Christmas Song, something about this bothered me.
 
For me it was a nice quick read, but I wanted more.
 
BTW - This book is gorgeously packaged, sweet cover.
 
Thanks to the Publisher for sharing with me.

5 comments:

  1. Bummer. It sounded so good. Thanks for the honest review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book Marce. I just sent you an email with my address. Something must me messing up with my email account because I had not gotten the message that I had won.

    THanks again,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.