Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Review - Yuletide Treasure by Andrea Kane



Summary

Just in time for the holidays, Andrea Kane's beloved short story Yuletide Treasure is available as an eBook for the first time ever.

Yuletide Treasure captures holiday magic as it transports us to a village in Victorian England, where an embittered earl seeks a governess for a lovely, defiant little girl named Noelle.

My Review - 5

Andrea Kane can do no wrong in my eyes, she has proven she deserves the place of my favourite author.  I came across her suspense novels 3 years ago and have loved every one.  I am still working my way through her back list.  Well this gem was announced to release as an ebook and I knew I wanted to try her holiday story.

This is not a suspense holiday read but an adult fiction, historical romance.  Andrea Kane is talented, she writes suspense, romance and historical fiction, I am so impressed.

This is a charming read I highly recommend.  The feel of Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier and The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett mixed into one.  I loved both of those as much as this one.  I would have loved for it to be a full story but the short story was also perfect.

The characters attach to your heart and the lovely little Noelle adds a lovely touch for a 4 year old girl.  I would love to read more of these characters.

What is the meaning of life?  All the characters, young and old, figure this out.


 

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Sounds awesome. Maybe I should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A holiday short story sounds perfect right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good read! I kept meaning to try her but haven't gotten around to it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in need of a short story and some romance mixed in. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.