Friday, December 14, 2012

Review - The Prophet by Amanda Stevens




Book Summary

My name is Amelia Gray.
 
I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.  In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston—where witchcraft, root doctors and black magic still flourish—and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar.  Now I'm faced with a terrible choice: follow the rules or follow my heart.


My Review - 3 stars

I read this one as a ARC and just couldn't put my thoughts together.   This was suppose to be an end to a trilogy and was so successful, it is now being continued as a series.  I was absolutely loving The Graveyard Series, but unfortunately for me this felt like a transition novel, it didn't meet expectations and I was bored at times, so disappointed.

The creepiness is still there and done well, you can feel the presence of the ghosts and the eerie atmospheres.  Can a ghost manipulate, blackmail and make you feel emotions you don't understand, absolutely, especially when you are Amelia.

I couldn't wait to read more about Amelia and Delvin, well that suspense was for nothing, but in the end I felt maybe that is for the next installment.  Delvin is still haunted by his wife and child, this is done very well. 

Amelia doesn't follow the rules her father taught her, she has tempted fate, hmm, I can't wait for the overall consequences of this throughout the rest of the series.

Amelia is still learning who she is and why ghost come to her.  The Prophet does come together for this meaning and Amelia is fighting with understanding her past and her future.  I do think Amanda Stevens is a great author and I love the characters.  I am very excited to read more of this series and think the next book will be amazing.  Her fans of course are happy but I think the decision may have came to late in the writing of this one.

Favourite quote

But no rationale could convince me that the one crawling on my shoe had been an accident.  I no longer believed in the randomness of the universe or the happenstance of everyday occurrences.  Everything happened for a reason, and I was very much afraid this current synchronicity would be the death of me. 


My Reviews
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Too bad this one was disappointing, though I'm glad to hear the series is being continued. It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read The Restorer by this author but my library doesn't have it. I'm hoping to pick up a used copy the next time I visit the bookstore. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy this one as much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.