Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Finds - Mix of Genres

FRIDAY FINDS with MizB, showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list… whether you found them online, or in a bookstore, or in the library — wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased).


I have been fascinated with mix of genres lately.  My true love will always be Suspense, Thrillers and Mystery but I do mix it up often.

Here are the books and bloggers I took the recommendation from.  I have linked the bloggers review.


Blogger - Lynne's Book Reviews



Memoir

Book Summary from Amazon

Michael Schofield’s daughter January is at the mercy of her imaginary friends, except they aren’t the imaginary friends that most young children have; they are hallucinations. And January is caught in the conflict between our world and their world, a place she calls Calalini. Some of these hallucinations, like “24 Hours,” are friendly and some, like “400 the Cat” and “Wednesday the Rat,” bite and scratch her until she does what they want. They often tell her to scream at strangers, jump out of buildings, and attack her baby brother.

At six years old, January Schofield, “Janni,” to her family, was diagnosed with schizophrenia, one of the worst mental illnesses known to man. What’s more, schizophrenia is 20 to 30 times more severe in children than in adults and in January’s case, doctors say, she is hallucinating 95 percent of the time that she is awake. Potent psychiatric drugs that would level most adults barely faze her.    


Blogger - Book'd Out


The Betrayal - Y.A. Erskine



Crime/Mystery

Book Summary from Amazon

A gritty, thought-provoking novel from the author of THE BROTHERHOOD. As a former Tasmanian police officer, Y A Erskine gives a blisteringly authentic portrayal of police life. Will appeal to both crime fiction fans, and fans of Dilemma Fiction, such as Jodi Picoult and Caroline Overington. As with THE BROTHERHOOD, each chapter is narrated from a different character's point of view. When telling the truth is the ultimate crime ...


BloggerKathy at Bermudaonion's webblog          
 


    Fiction      
Book Summary

Grace feels isolated living in Macau, China with her husband. She doesn’t speak the language and her husband is busy with work and she’s learning to accept that they will never be able to have children. When she notices a vacant restaurant for rent Grace decides to open a coffee shop and bake the beloved macarons her mother introduced her to as a child. She names the coffee shop Lillian’s, after her mother, and finds a family in the women who gather there – both employees and customers.


I look forward to your new Finds.  Have a great weekend.


6 comments:

  1. I really want to read January First too. I hope you get to read The Color of Tea and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the last one.
    I secretly want to own a tea shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had January First on my to read list... curious to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe it was 20/20 episode I watched about young children with severe mental illnesses -- I recognize January as one of the children. I had no idea a memoir was published, but I'd love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll definitely have to look up The Betrayal after that description because I love crime fiction and Jodi Picoult! Great finds. Hope you enjoy them :) thanks for stopping by my blog as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to read January First, I watched a documentary on the family that was fascinating, though so terribly sad.

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.