Thursday, August 2, 2012

Readalong for Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

I just did a post this week asking if I should try Moonstone or The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.  Interesting enough, many have not read either but they are on their TBR list.  Well, today I came across a Readalong for Moonstone, you can go here to participate at Reading Rambo.  There are currently 10 others participating.

This week we are introducing ourselves.

I am Marce, my genres of choice are Thriller, Suspense, Mystery and Adult Fiction but I do try a little of all.

I am 36, live in Bermuda and have a 5 year old daughter.  Next month will be my 3rd year of blogging and I will be celebrating with my 2nd year of Thrill Week, click on the image on my sidebar for more information.

I'm looking forward to this readalong, I think they are great for learning a little bit more when out of your norm. Another classic I get to add to my reading collection. 

I look forward to meeting everyone.






The Moonstone
Stolen from the forehead of a Hindu idol, the dazzling gem known as "The Moonstone" resurfaces at a birthday party in an English country home — with an enigmatic trio of watchful Brahmins hot on its trail. Laced with superstitions, suspicion, humor, and romance, this 1868 mystery draws readers into a compelling tale with numerous twists and turns.

The schedule is..........

August 1st: Intro posts. "My name's Blahblah and since I don't know all of you, here's this and this about me, and I'm doing this readalong because I love blah." [insert joke about Wilkie's forehead, because we clearly haven't done enough of those]

August 8th: Prologue THROUGH First Period, Chapter XIV.

August 15th: Chapter XV through Second Period, First Narrative, Chapter VI

August 22nd: Chapter VII through Second Period, Third Narrative, Chapter VII

August 29th: Finish

13 comments:

  1. Hooray for more people playing along. This is going to be a lot of fun! And there will be many hilarious gifs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing all the gifs will be interesting and quite fun.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the Read-a-long, Marce! This will be fun.

    What we really want to know is, what's your opinion of Wilkie's forehead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone said it should be called Fivehead, that was hilarious.

      Delete
  3. It's going to be even more fun now, Marce. I'm so glad you're joining in. Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you I even saw the readalong, so thank you Belle. These ladies are funny, omg, reading the pages and seeing the gifs, wow.

      Delete
  4. Bermuda! That's so exciting!

    Delighted to have you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray, more readalongers! Welcome - fun will be had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super new to the readalong too - already having a blast with it though!

    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the party! Even though this is a classic, it should fit nicely into your thriller/suspense/mystery genre of choice. As I understand it, this book has all three of those things. Yippee!

    Also, the image for Thrill Week is quite possibly the best thing I've ever seen. I love when a book blows my face off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to meet you, fellow Wilkie reader! You're from Bermuda - that's awesome! Did you grow up there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Born and bread :-) I have also lived in the US for college.

      Delete
  9. I hope you enjoy The Moonstone. I loved it when I read it a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.